San Francisco Zoo Pics

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I just so happened to be in the vicinity of San Francisco Zoo this week. Unfortunately, they do not have a reptile house there. They do have a small reptile display, but it is open on weekends only. Here are the a few pictures I managed to take while I was there.

This first picture is of a Peregrine Falcon.

Attachments

Last edited:

hermitman64

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Amazing pictures! How close were you to those, and were they just out in the open?

Did you get to see any of them eat?

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks. The birds were all sitting on a grassy hill. They were all tethered and had a keeper watching over them. You can see part of the keeper in the bald eagle picture. The hill was roped in. The rope was about five feet from the birds at the closest point. They were outside a section in the zoo called the ARC. I believe that stands for Animal Resource Center. I did not have a chance to see them eat. Most, if not all of the raptors, were rehabilitated birds that could not be released back into the wild. The zoo as a whole is very nice even though they do not have a dedicated reptile house. :) I would definitely like to return for a longer visit.