Packing your T for shippment??

thenewguy90

Arachnopeon
So I understand the adult T's must be packed tightly. My question is what is the best course of action to remove a larger species of T into a shipping container when I really don't want to physically hold it or am really nervous that it might get loose or something of that nature??

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Remove a T into a shipping container? So you mean getting it out of the enclosure and getting it packed?

First, I make sure the shipping container is ready for the spider.
Then, I get the spider into a plastic bag (see here) and hold/tie the open end over the opening of the shipping container.
Then, I prod/poke/corral the spider towards the hole in the tightly packed paper towel until it goes in. I disturb it a bit more to ensure that it crawls all the way inside and huddles up in there. Then, I snugly plug up the remaining space (if any) with more paper towel and close it up.

If you meant removing a T from a shipping container, just follow the plastic bag bit.

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
I have packed a few that I didn't want to take any chances with. What I did was get the shipping deli ready with the "paper towel tunnel". Then, I got another deli the same size with a hole in the bottom and on the inside i put a round piece of card board the same size as the bottom. I had a chop stick stuck through the hole of the bottom of the deli (from the outside) and duct taped to the cardboard. I got the t into the deli, put that deli up to the shipping deli and used the chop stick to push the cardboard and slowly make the deli he was in smaller, and sort of "herd" them into the shipping deli. When they are in, I put my paper towel "plug" in the tunnel, put the lid on and wahh lahh. I'm not at explaining things so I don't know if that made any sense, but it has worked for me a few times.

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Another thing that works is drink bottles. extremely large ones you can use those 3l bottles with the big mouths, but cut them in half, and the the tarantula will be lured through the mouth into the cup... i used a 2 liter version for chilobrachys and hetereoscodra