Reptile housing

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What are some good places to find some good reptile housing for sale. I'm considering getting into some reptiles soon, and I'd rather not have to try to build a good, escape proof home for a snake or lizard.

John

Last edited:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think it depends on what you're interested in bringing home. You have your eye on something? AZ, man I bet a sulcata tortoise would love it out there. You could keep it outside half the year. Snake, lizard, what are you after?

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think it depends on what you're interested in bringing home. You have your eye on something? AZ, man I bet a sulcata tortoise would love it out there. You could keep it outside half the year. Snake, lizard, what are you after?[/QUOTE

I live on the Colorado Plateau at about 6000'. Winter is cold. I'd have a sulcata otherwise. I've seen a few big ones in back yards and they are very cool. What I was looking at as far as snakes are womas, and as far a lizards, maybe Rhacodactylus leachianus or Rhacodactylus chahoua. If I go with chahoua I think I will be mostly okay. They are bigger the cresteds, but not as nearly as big as leachianus. I think think I couold build a decent cage for a woma, but I'd hate for it to get out.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMO, the best caging available for Womas would be Animal Plastics or Boaphile caging.....they take a while to receive but are worth it.

BARRS cages (www.herpcages.com) are great for geckos and smaller/medium sized herps.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Boaphile cages are the best in my opinion. I havent owned any yet, but have been looking at them the last 2 years.

KeithY

Arachnopeon
I really like BARRS. pmherps.com is also a dealer of them and has different sizes than they have on their site.

spinningspider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i am a big fan of vision cages. yes they are pricey, but the cages are top notch and TOTALLY ESCAPE PROOF. a model 332 or 432 would be good for an adult woma. i have used those cages for years. they are lightweight, glass is removable and can be easily locked. boaphiles are good too, but if your going to spend some money on a cage its not much more to get a vision.

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Boaphile cages are the best in my opinion. I havent owned any yet, but have been looking at them the last 2 years.
I also give Boaphile cages two thumbs up. Nice build, very sturdy, stackable, with a built in under surface heating section if so desired. I've had my cages for 8+ years and they are still in excellent shape!! They look great too!