No experience with shipped t's

salmonpink

Arachnopeon
I have 4 t's. Threw buying all I have wanted a stirmi. Well I see some for sale in classified in the site or other sites. I have never had one shipped to me. I have worrys of course getting ripped off or maybe not even being home when it comes. U guys/girls ever experienced any of this.

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
You'll be safe dealing with 99% of people on the boards. ALWAYS check reviews first. If someone has good reviews, you're safe. You have to have faith in people and know that almost everyone on here is a hobbyist like you. Sometimes there are scams, but it's so rare I wouldn't worry about it happening to you. After a few online transactions you'll feel perfectly comfortable with it. There's nothing to be afraid of.

Theist 17

Arachnosquire
If not being home is a concern, consider asking the shipper to mark that the package be held at the PO for pickup. I did this recently with my P. scrofa, Aeris, which I bought from <edit> here on the boards, and it worked out very well for me.
I received a happy, healthy, and whole spider with little to no difficulty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theist 17

Arachnosquire
Seconded. There's even a members section with awesome deals, like two dollar LP slings and great discounts on other spiders and the occasional enclosure deal.

jhalla16

Arachnosquire
I've had a package containing 2 tarantulas be delivered a few houses down in the middle of the summer before. Luckily, the woman realized the mistake like 2 or 3 days later and told me about it... I was lucky that they didn't die in the 90 degree temps. I'm pretty sure this was just due to the lack of experience of the new delivery woman that had recently taken over the route, though. I'm sure it doesn't happen often at all, but there's always the risk. I would probably have any new T's shipped to me without hesitation even though it happened once before.

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ya..most on here are really honest but like someone else stated read their reviews. I have bought a couple HUGE 9" LPs <edit> and as bulky as those Ts were he packed them REALLY well and has a really good reputation. There are many others I've bought from without issues. And if you ever get into shipping Ts out yourself there's some good videos on Youtube on how to pack them. One I particularly like is RobCs video..just look up Tarantulaguy1976.

Last edited by a moderator: