S.Hardwicki

Senobyte

Arachnopeon
Here's a few shots of my beast, aka "Fang".
I just received a thermo/hygrometer and as I suspected the humidity was around 90%, I think it should be around 70% right?
I've left the lid off the container again while I'm at work.

Attachments

stingray

Arachnobaron
Absolutely beautiful pede! What is it about 6 inches? I love the heck out of mine.

jwrighta

Arachnopeon
WOW, SENOBYTE!!!!! FANG is BREATHTAKING!!! I ABSOLUTELY have to find S. hardwickei! I am a man on a mission now- Lol! Great shots!! Thanks tons for posting!!

singingchicken

Arachnopeon
Ahhhhhh hardwicki are my favourite pede!
Shame about the 70-80 pound pricetag or i'd already have one :p

Senobyte

Arachnopeon
Hi All
Just wanted to let you know that "FANG" died. I put some moss in the enclosure and I think it made it too wet/humid as the hygrometer was always on 90%. I thought this was okay but as I found out it isn't. Fang started hiding out all the time and I guess that should have been a sign that it wasn't happy. I got rid of the moss about a week ago and Fang came out again. It then started doing really weird stuff like it's antennae were all shaking strangley like it couldn't focus and then Fang went in to some spasms/convulsions and after about 12 hours of it died. I'll have to get an normal pede like Vietnamese Giant and hope that it doesn't happen again. Any advice where I went wrong please?

cantthinkofone

Arachnodemon
I AM SO SO SO SORRY!!! that was a beautiful pede and its a shame it died on you. sorry for your loss.

Greenjewls

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
HATED when centipedes die... they are so sensitive to the atmosphere. but I always love looking at pics of hardwicki! Are they made of Halloween candy?