how long slings can survive in package??

foxtrot

Arachnopeon
i bought some slings 3 days ago..
they're still on shipping right now, i'm affraid they can't survive when arrive at my house..
especially for the versicolors... :o_O:

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The only things I know of that could kill them would be lack of air, excessive heat, or excessive cold. I'm not sure if your spiders will arrive alive or not, but I do know that overnight shipping is often the best option. They may survive, they may not. I'm not sure, as I've only ever done overnight.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I was just wondering this myself. I live in a hot climate (100+ degree temps), so I'm having my slings delivered to work, but they'll get there around 11 am it'll be after 5 pm before I can unpack them. My seller says it takes 1-3 days for slings bought from her to arrive, so I would think yours would be ok too. Hopefully someone who ships Ts can come give a real answer (I searched earlier for this topic and didn't have any luck).

Taysha

Arachnosquire
I live in south LA. Mine shipped out on a saturday, didnt get them to monday night and they were fine. I didnt unpack until monday night and they were both fine. IT got well over a hundred with some extreme humidity as well.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
They'll almost certainly be fine, assuming they're packed well.
I know of instances where packages were in transit for two or three weeks and the spiders were ok.

foxtrot

Arachnopeon
The only things I know of that could kill them would be lack of air, excessive heat, or excessive cold. I'm not sure if your spiders will arrive alive or not, but I do know that overnight shipping is often the best option. They may survive, they may not. I'm not sure, as I've only ever done overnight.
yep
i prefer overnight shipping as well but this time i bought Ts from seller who live further than ussual...

I was just wondering this myself. I live in a hot climate (100+ degree temps), so I'm having my slings delivered to work, but they'll get there around 11 am it'll be after 5 pm before I can unpack them. My seller says it takes 1-3 days for slings bought from her to arrive, so I would think yours would be ok too. Hopefully someone who ships Ts can come give a real answer (I searched earlier for this topic and didn't have any luck).
I live in south LA. Mine shipped out on a saturday, didnt get them to monday night and they were fine. I didnt unpack until monday night and they were both fine. IT got well over a hundred with some extreme humidity as well.
They'll almost certainly be fine, assuming they're packed well.
I know of instances where packages were in transit for two or three weeks and the spiders were ok.
i hope they just fine in the package
the temp at my place is about 25 - 32'C
its really make me crazy coz this is the first time i buy Ts without overnight shipping.. :wall:

Sigaw

Arachnopeon
I've had slings survive in the package for almost three weeks. Some of them even molted fine in that confined space they were in.
Most packages are usually stored in room temperature (at least here in my country), so I wouldn't worry too much. :)