"Woodhouse’s Toad (Bufo woodhouseii)?

Arachno Dano

Arachnosquire
"Woodhouse’s Toad (Bufo woodhouseii)

The Woodhouse’s toad appears in only a few areas along the Columbia River, specifically river valleys in sagebrush or grassland areas. They are light grey to brown generally marked with contrasting spots. They have bumps on their skin which contain poison glands to discourage predators. These toads catch insects by night; their call is a loud, long whistle.

Fun fact: This toad survives hot summer days by burying itself in the ground with its powerful hind legs.

Lives: Eastern Oregon" ~ Courtesy of ODFW

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/conservationstrategy/images/strategy_species/Woodhouses-toad2-IMG_1052.jpg

So.. I found this guy in my house, but I am a little confused because I was under the impression that these toads inhabit eastern Oregon? Does anyone have any experience with this species or can someone point me in the right direction of a care sheet? I have been searching all night, but have found nothing. I currently have the toad in a large glass container with about 2'' of substrate (left over from my T's)! I know toads are supposed to be kept on the drier side with the occasional misting! How much do these guys eat? Would a 10 gallon aquarium be okay for this size toad? I know this is a "display" animal and not a pet, but I was also curious about the poison it secretes from its glands! Is it only dangerous if ingested/eye contact/ect. or does it have ill affects on the skin? Anyways, any information you can throw my way would be appreciated! My knowledge is strictly with arachnids/insects! :biggrin:

I will take pictures tomorrow!!! :biggrin:

Last edited: