Alltheworld's itsy bitsy cutie baby thread

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The rosie with that "christmas tree ball" - is it already xmas? Did I miss something? ;)

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
The rosie with that "christmas tree ball" - is it already xmas? Did I miss something? ;)
Actually its a giant marble. Way too big for her to roll or to put in her tank, but they make excellent photo props! Right now she has a little red fisherman's float that weighs less than a ping pong ball in her tank with her. Haven't seen her roll it yet, but at night she comes out and sits next to it.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Time to do some updating! I borrowed a fantastic camera and took some nice new shots.

First, a new edition! N. Coloratovillosus, female. Her name is Persephone and she's huge.

At first she wouldn't come off the glass. Look at her, she's so muscular. Like she's been taking steroids and lifting weights.

Here she is showing off her fangs.

Then she went BEHIND her hide instead of IN it..

But her legs are so pretty, I couldn't resist.

This pic is from behind glass, so the quality's a bit bad, but you get the idea.

Here is Daisy, my G. Rosea, with a ping pong ball that she has absolutely no interest in whatsoever.

The most interaction I've seen her have with it was when she got mad that it was in her way, and she shoved it so she could take a stroll.

A. Avic, Moses

He comes out a lot to take a walk. I did this shoot on a Metroid wall scroll. Just because. The only thing almost as cool as tarantulas, is Metroid.

My fellow nerds...which one would YOU rather have on your face? I vote the tarantula, for obvious reasons.

They don't suck your life force out, for one thing.

And finally; I put my hand out to get him back into his house, and he climbed up it. Then he climbed up my arm, then my shirt, and tried to go down it. Typical male, I guess. He saw boobs and tried to put the moves on me. Luckily he's very cooperative, and was easy to get back into his house.

That's all for now!

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
I rehoused my subadult male A. Avic today...because being new at tropical arboreals, I totally screwed up his last enclosure and it became a swamp. He is much happier now, and his new home looks like this:

'

Meanwhile, a friend visited tonight and was interested in seeing my newest edition, Persephone, the N. Coloratovillosus. I lifted her hide slightly so he could peek inside, and she JETTED out, with a vengeance. I think she thought I was food, so its definitely cricket time tomorrow. Anyway, she let me annoy her with the camera for a couple shots:

Basically the same picture, one's just a bit clearer.

I still think she wants my soul...

---------- Post added 08-27-2012 at 10:28 PM ----------

Also ^ Yes, that's a heat mat on the A. Avic tank. No, I don't use it. It was stuck on from previous use, it leaves a gooey stickiness when you try to pull it off...so I just leave it unplugged and use it as a bit of a visual barrier.

I just didn't wanna hear the OH MY GOD YOURE USING A HEAT PAD rant from someone. No. I'm not. :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Personally, I'd put some artificial plant into that new Avic enclosure, so the T has some more stuff to achor its webbing onto. Plus, it makes it look nicer ;)

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
I can definitely do that! I had a real plant in there for a while and it made me nervous that if it didnt stay healthy, it would attract mites. I could drape some fake plant over the top of that vertical hide thingy.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Today I passed the torch to my 15-year-old sister. She's officially begun what I hope will be a lovely addicting hobby. I gave her my first T (well, first since I came "back" to the hobby from like ten years ago), Daisy, my G. Rosea. She's pictured above a few times. My Dad and stepmother are totally cool with it too, and everyone's really excited to have such an interesting low maintenance pet. Also, it opens up a "slot" here at home, so that I can get more.

My stepmom's a photographer, and shortly after I left, she took this picture of Ms. Daisy, seemingly content in her new home:

I hope that they enjoy her and that my sister will keep more than I can, so we can share :)

---------- Post added 08-28-2012 at 07:03 PM ----------

And they live like five minutes away from me, so I can visit my first baby anytime.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Persephone climbed the wall again today, unfortunate, but she's down now. Let me get a nice picture though:

Someone needs to remind her that she's a terrestrial. I think she's been watching this guy too much:

There's Moses in his now pimped out enclosure. Added a fake plant for webbing, and some twisty vines because the stupid crickets couldn't climb up the vertical fake wood thingy.

And here he is, having lunch.

Sorry for the bad quality but i couldn't get a good shot unless it was through the glass, for obvious reasons. It took him 16 hours to eat that cricket, and in the end he dropped the back half of it on the ground.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice! Didn't even realize it was a fake wook piece, but yeah those seem to be somewhat not structured enough for crickets to get a hold on them with their feet.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
yeah its really annoying, i got it to avoid real wood in case of mold, but i ended up having to add real wood anyway!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah its really annoying, i got it to avoid real wood in case of mold, but i ended up having to add real wood anyway!
Use corkbark, it molds seldomly and even if so, extremely slowly compared to wood. ;)

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Okay so its not a tarantula, but I watched this beautiful baby mummify a bee in about two seconds flat today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
My friend did a photo shoot for me of Moses and I. Here's a couple pics.

you can see his little face in that one :)

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
yeah, I don't have any of those. Yet! :) I should have probably called my thread something else, though all my pets are my babies, really.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Went to a show yesterday and forgot to take pictures of almost everything. But this is the girl I came home with..B. Emilia.. "Toaster", so far- but I may change the name. Here she is in the holding tub he was using for display. She was terrified..

So I took her home and put her in her new enclosure. She immediately climbed the wall...but every T I've had does that for the first day or so, so it no longer worries me. She had a bit of a ride home and is still adjusting.

Anyone think I should remove that fake wood insert to give her more floor space? She's smaller than she looks, she has a good amount of floor space as it is, (that enclosure is a perfect cube) but I know she's a terrestrial and I don't want her to be confused by her arboreal neighbor! haha (joking, don't worry.)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Stupid question - is that an exoterra she is housed in? As far as I know, those are only really suitable for arboreals as the chance for a fall for terrestrials is quite high?
Anyways - awesome looking girl! Nice new addition!