T. blondi breeding: a question in pictures

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

So there it is. Now my question is I started with 111 viable looking eggs. Only around 50 or so hatched. The rest are going bad. I'm at 80 degrees and 100% humidity with no condensing water. Is it normal for some to go bad? Am I dong something wrong?

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
]

So there it is. Now my question is I started with 111 viable looking eggs. Only around 50 or so hatched.
It doesn't look like anything hatched just yet, those are just eggs.

For starters what you mated looks like 2 Theraphosa stirmi, not T.blondi. Those eggs look infertile ( or just bad ) to me and prob won't develop anymore than that. I've had many Theraphosa sac's over the years , with only one good sac that had some live spiderlings. Welcome to the world of breeding Theraphosa . Although I wouldn't waste those eggs until they get moldy. Good luck

Later, Tom

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
im not experienced at all with this sp. , but i HAVE to say those are some very nice pics..
Ive never really paid too much attention to their massive size until now. The pic with the t and the stick in its fangs is awesome, but it was BRILLIANT posting that stick next to your hand for reference
Even if you have average sized hands, that t is massive. Would NOT be happy with myself if i ever got latched onto by one of those lol

web eviction

Arachnolord
Would NOT be happy with myself if i ever got latched onto by one of those lol[/QUOTE]

+1 only one of mine that has got me and she held on wanted my finger bad! Got a nice lump as a reminder....
Let's just say I don't clean up with my fingers anymore.

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tom, when I said 50 hatched, I meant

(Sorry so blurry)
I just didn't take the picture yet. So why do you think so many Theraphosa eggs develop to this point and then never hatch? It seems that there is probably a cause, but maybe it's still a mystery at this point.

To everyone else - yes, she does have some business on the business end of her!

Quazgar

Arachnoknight
Hooray and thumbs up for the first instars. May not be as many as you wanted, but with blondis, anything is a success.