My new baby and a question

Crickeylynn

Arachnopeon
Last night a good friend of mine (who is thinning out his collection) gave me this pretty thing. He was told when he bought her that she was a Paraphysa scrofa or Chilean Copper. She is absolutely gorgeous. Pics don't do her justice. Anyways, I wanted your opinions if that is what she really is just to make sure. Also her habitat is really dirty, but she is in premolt. She has totally webbed the bottom. I don't know if I should go ahead and clean it, or wait till she molted. What would you do.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I Guess - it's a Paraphysa scrofa, why do you doubt that ?
I would clean it and put in a new terrarium . . . . but that's me.

Crickeylynn

Arachnopeon
Crap thought the pic would come up bigger. I just ask because I see a lot I post where someone thinks they have one thing and it turns out to be something else. Just wanted to make sure.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It happens . . . but your friend is a trust worthy fellow that knows what he has right ??
Usually I see mislabeles from pet stores ...

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm 99% sure that this is Grammostola rosea RCF or "flame", not Paraphysa scrofa.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm 99% sure that this is Grammostola rosea RCF or "flame", not Paraphysa scrofa.
Agree on G. rosea. It's too big to be P. scrofa. Though, I want to see the scopulae on the tarsus to make sure it's not G. sp. "concepcion".

Crickeylynn

Arachnopeon
Here are a couple of more images. I'll be more than thrilled if she is a RCF. Been wanting one of those anyways. Lets see if the pics show up bigger this time.

Crickeylynn

Arachnopeon
I will as soon as I get back home. Love taking pictures of them. On a side note I am so lucky my boyfriend can't tell te difference between my spiders. I didn't tell him about this one. He doesn't understand my obsession.

---------- Post added 08-03-2012 at 03:56 PM ----------

Ok, will these work?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If it indeed has the enlarged pads on the metatarsus (as I believe I see in your pic), in combination with red/orange lines separating the segments on the spinnerettes, then it is Grammostola sp. "concepcion".