Indian Violet?

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im looking for a caresheet, photo, anything on an indian violet, can anyone help me?

Mac

Arachnopeon
I'm sorry but I don't know too much about this species. I know the scientific name is Chilobrachys fimbriatus and they are from West India....very beautiful and that's about it. It's an old world species so I would assume it would be a bit aggressive. I would look up caresheets on species from around the same area. Try emailing Kelly Swift (his website is swiftinverts.com) he sells them. Sorry I couldn't help more!

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Also an Obligate burrower, if you didn't know that. Seen the palps and four legs so far. Still hasn't moved from old vial to new cage yet, though substrate is the same brand and everything. Eats, so I know it's in good shape. Other than that, everyone I have talked to says they don't see them much. I am keeping it fairly moist, atleast until it has made proper burrows and whatnot, and keeping an eye for a midnight appearance. That said, I've got it (2 inch juve) in about 4 inches of pure peat.

Bill

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Info on Indian Violet

Name : Chilobrachys fimbratus (Pocock, 1899)
Subfamily : Selenocosmiinae
Habitat : tropical forest
Size : ca 13cm BS, ca 4-5cm KL
Temperature : 25-27c
Humidity : ca 75-80%
Substrate : peat, slightly moist
Terrestrial / arboreal : terrestrial
Aggressive : yes
Food : insects
Longevity : ?
Notes : Quite rare in the hobby but I managed to get hold of some.They originates from the province of Goa, s.e. India and ranges probably a bit higher up towards Bombay. How to keep the species in captivity isnt wellknown but according to the biotop in Goa - tropical forest 25-32c - would a temp. around 25-27c be enough. This spider spin alot of silk and as spiderlings and juvenils they burrow. As adults they tend to be more of a opportunistic burrower. Information besides this are welcome. They are becoming more common in the hobby and in Europe the price have dropped dramaticly the last year or so.

http://www.swiftinverts.com/pix/C_fimbriatus1.jpg

http://hem.spray.se/minax/index/welcome_e.html

Last edited:

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
awesome pics...

Again fantastic pics Martin. Is that one one of yours? And if so good luck on the sack hope it hatches out for you.

Phil

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well damn...

Gotta hate when that happens. Man I've seen far too many sacks get eaten myself. Hopefully things will go better for you this time around. She is a beauty.
Phil

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's one of the nice's set of pics I have seen in a long time. You take some nice pics Martin, keep up the good work.

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Here's an older pic of mine. Beautiful looking T. Amazing webber, and a very good appetite. I see mine quite often, and she's accustomed to getting fed when the lid comes off, so unless I startle her, she stays out...and starts webbing while she eats.

Last edited:

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Fantastic pics Martin! :clap:

Thats the first time I've seen the eggs being layed.

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
See if it posts this time...sorry for the double post.

Last edited: