Ah! G. Sp. concepcion

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A friendly debate is brewing between me and another enthusiast about G. Sp. concepcion. We both have examples of this species in our respective collections. He contends that G. Sp. concepcion is another color phase of G.rosea (his logic is, that's the way the T was explained/sold to him). My opinion differs. The topic came up as he is set to pair a normal phase MM G.rosea with a MF G. Sp. concepcion. Incidentally, he said he'd hold off on pairing the T's until he got other feedback/opinions via AB. I should have bet him, LOL!

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I own one. They are NOT just a different color form.

See here:
http://we-got-creeps.com/g_grammostola_concepcion1.jpg

G. sp. "concepcion" have enlarged scopulae on the metatarsus, G. rosea do not. That is all you need to show him. In addition, G. sp. "concepcion" have red lines separating the segments on the spinnerettes, G. rosea have grey/black.

Link him here as well to read for himself. He should not breed the pair because they are not the same.

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'll chock one up in my column. What happened to the G. sp. concepcions...they seemed to be abundant for a minute and now I don't see anyone selling them?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'll chock one up in my column. What happened to the G. sp. concepcions...they seemed to be abundant for a minute and now I don't see anyone selling them?
I got mine at Petco mislabeled as "True Zebra". Seems nobody is too interested in these as I'm the only one that ever posts in threads about them when they pop up. :rolleyes:

They are one of my favorites though. So docile.