Just a few backyard things...

web eviction

Arachnolord
Glow bug

---------- Post added 08-21-2012 at 11:27 AM ----------

And ya my hands are dirty lol found an old rotting stump so I had to look inside ;)

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for sharing. You have some lovely critters in your yard and the beetle is so cute.

Even though the leafhopper is blurry, I still remember getting lots of those around here. They were all over our huge rose bush but my parents cut it down. I still haven't figured out a way to keep sap-drinking insects alive in captivity..

web eviction

Arachnolord
Thanks for sharing. You have some lovely critters in your yard and the beetle is so cute.

Even though the leafhopper is blurry, I still remember getting lots of those around here. They were all over our huge rose bush but my parents cut it down. I still haven't figured out a way to keep sap-drinking insects alive in captivity..

Ya that leaf hopper is on a rose bush and he is only one of hundreds lol and the ten stripe beetles are awesome we don't see a lot of them but they should be showing up again here soon! The males look much cooler!

oldmanofthesea

Arachnoknight
Thank you for sharing. Your critters are awesome. It's amazing what we can find near home if we just take the time. Ron

web eviction

Arachnolord
This guy flew right up and landed on me while I was out having a cig :)

Got a few pics and set him on my light post where I noticed a lady for him ;)

---------- Post added 08-27-2012 at 10:05 PM ----------

Thank you for sharing. Your critters are awesome. It's amazing what we can find near home if we just take the time. Ron
Thanks I know it's amazing what is here that no one knows about :)

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I forget that OR has a few surprises. Do you know what the larvae are? I recall seeing them recently but can't for life of me remember what they are.

web eviction

Arachnolord
?? Not sure but I do believe the larvae resemble a D. granti larvae a lot just smaller you find them near the root systems of plants fruit trees and sage most the time...

---------- Post added 08-28-2012 at 04:01 PM ----------

There called a ten lined June beetles (Polyphylla*decemlineata) google provides a lot of info on them actually
Check here there's a pic of the grub.
http://entomology.wsu.edu/outreach/bug-info/ten-lined-june-beetle/

Last edited:

web eviction

Arachnolord
Took a walk to my mail box which is a half mile from my house (such a pain) but seen a couple cool things to take a pic of :) just wish the cicadas would let me get closer :(

web eviction

Arachnolord
Group of young millipedes I found while spider hunting..

And a dead beetle I found...

---------- Post added 08-31-2012 at 04:54 PM ----------

I only see 2 or 3 of these a year...

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Im pretty sure that the glowbug is a dermestid beetle larvae. Dont quote me though lol.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thats cool. I do believe i have seen similar ones around here. I found a crazy looking insect a while back, but havent gotten a ID yet.