Parabuthus villosus Mating

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
My orange male has been an adult for about 6 months and black female for 3 months. My intention was to breed these to see the color of the babies and so far it is going good. They have been together for a couple hours now.

Here are a couple pictures and a video:

[YOUTUBE]2-RFkyVrx8A[/YOUTUBE]

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
lol at how they pull each other along like they're holding hands. It's always amusing to watch the rituals (not that they let us very often).

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
didnt know you could mate the 2 different morphs like that

but pretty cool though :D

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
didnt know you could mate the 2 different morphs like that

but pretty cool though :D
I have no idea what's going to happen. They are the same species so the mating should be succesful but I haven't seen any offspring from anybody.

After more than 24 hours, lovin' continues:

Ivymike1973

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gorgeous. I absolutely love the orange morph villosus.
Wish they were more readily available here in the states.
Good luck with your pairing.

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
might be the same as chocolate morph jacksoni and normal morph ones, I have both in the same enclosure and they mate and get along fine

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
They stayed together for about 72 hours. After 2 days male lost interest and they spent the last 24 hours in separate corners. Hopefully he did what he was supposed to do.

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They stayed together for about 72 hours. After 2 days male lost interest and they spent the last 24 hours in separate corners. Hopefully he did what he was supposed to do.
Wow! I'd say that was successful! Keep us updated! Interesting to see what will happen!

snippy

Arachnobaron
I have kept a typical male and a black female together for a year or so and all is well. The offspring is black by the way and it will be in your case as well, I suppose.
But interbreeding the young again for the next generation might be interesting, which is what I will try.

Regards
Finn

snippy

Arachnobaron
Can't really say. My female was in instar 7 when I introduced her into the tank of the male, so I did not write it down when they mated, because I though she was still subadult and the mating was just a dry run. But it was somewhere last year. But then, to my astonishment, she littered 2 months ago :)
But at least it is a good example that not all female P. villosus reach maturity in instar 8.

Regards
Finn