Cricket Noise

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just killed a cricket. I destroyed its pathetic little life because it was chirping and irritating me so much that I could not study fo rmy midterm tomorrow. I hate chirpers.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I really like it when my crickets chirp. I find it quite relaxing -- especially when I am going to sleep. Seriously -- I'm not kidding. Actually, one cricket does't do too much for me. But when I have a dozen or so going all at the same time...ahhhhh.:cool:

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah, its like camping indoors.....but i don't care to hear them in the house....if they make any sounds...one of my cats usually gets 'em

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If any of mine are chirping at night I will either move their cage outside of my room or kill the bug or take it and throw it in my roommates scorpion tank. It irritates the hell outta me. I cant sleep through it at all.

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
having 2 or 3 dozen chirping for my spiders i love....
But now that i always have a few hundred in my living room for my other animals..... its getting to be overpowering.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hehe, yeah I hate that too. Usually can't stand it any more around 3AM..then it's straight into the T's enclosure

Mac

Arachnopeon
I only buy enough to feed my spiders because I can't stand the sound. I used to have to put them outside of my room but my family would get mad because they would keep them up too.

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
the noise kept me awake for the first night, but i now find it relaxing.

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Jacen can I ask you "What does cricket chirping and you killing one have to due with T's?" Why didn't you put this in the watering hole?

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I have gone to buying crickets twice a week, and leaving them in what they come in. I can't STAND the chirping. That whole camping bit doesn't cut it for me, there's no fire, no woods, and no water for me to call it feeling like camping.

Bill

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
As for myself, I love the sound. Being that I feed my babies late at night, I'm a little on the reflex-less side. So, of course, some get away. What really sounds cool is if they are chirping in the service room, in the t room and outside, all in different keys.

Peace,
Gillian

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree that a single cricket can be quite annoying... but I really like when there is a cricket choir... I find it quite relaxing in fact. They make me feel like I am sleeping in the great outdoors.

I think crickets really sort the city boys apart from the country boys though lol

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The weird thing for me is that my crix usually never chirped at night, they would chirp during the day so it wouldn't bother me too much. But I, like Jacen, would kill the noisy ones at night. Rather, I would usually throw them into my scorpion or Ts tank as not to waste food.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I kinda like it, depending on what I'm doing and what mood I am in. I also find it relaxingl. However, it bugs me (hahah) when there is one loose in the living room, it's chirping like mad, and I can't find it, and I'm trying to read, or watch a movie!

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh good... I'm not the only one! :D If there's an uneaten cricket chirping in here (my bedroom) I usually go into the T's cage and kill it and remove it. I can't stand it! The T can just have a new one in the morning before I go to work, so I don't have to hear it. I do love the sound of the T eating the crickets tho, it's just awesome to me :D

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I kinda like the chirping, too. Makes me think I'm in a warmer country than I actually am...:cool:
My crickets seem to 'sleep' during the night. When I turn out the lights, they go on chirping for about an hour or so and then remain silent. My theory on this is that crickets in nature usually chirp in the evening to the late evening hours (at least that is what I have observed).

Jono_mad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my crickets don't chirp, that's not right is it? also they attacked one of them and ripped it apart

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Jono_mad
my crickets don't chirp, that's not right is it? also they attacked one of them and ripped it apart
Only the males chirp, and only when adult (with wings).

Wade