Second date for Rosehairs...

MichaelH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, Bonnie and Clyde had a successful second date about 10 minutes ago. This time it was quite a bit more action packed than the first. Put Clyde in with Bonnie and he wasted no time...went straight to her. Neither of the two drummed at all, Bonnie assumed defensive pose when clyde got near and he reached out and touched her with one leg, the fight was on! It happened so fast...I thought Clyde was worm food for sure but somehow he managed to catch her fangs and push her back. This time I seen both insertions and it looked like he really got the job done. The actual pairing lasted much longer this time....at least a full minute, and Bonnie really wanted to munch him when it was all over. Clyde was ALL legs tryin to get out of her way too...lol.
Plan to wait another 5 days or so then let them have another go maybe. Gonna be interesting to see over the next month or two if she drops a sack or not.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
month or two? Try year or two ;)
I have a G rosea couple that have cohabitated for over 1 year (March 5th was their one year anniversary).
They take FOREVER to do anything, let me tell you!

MichaelH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lol...ok thanks for the info Immortal. Im completely new to the breeding aspect of tarantulas....I knew it could take as long as 6 months for the female to drop a sack if at all but not a year or two. Im suprised yours have cohabitated that long without someone getting munched. I thought Avics were the only T's that would cohabitate?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
AFAIK, my G rosea cohabitating is unprecedented. A definate exception to the general rule LOL
Actually, before I introduced this male, she cohabitated with another male for 5-6 months. He died trying to post ultimate molt.
Rosies are WEIRD!

MichaelH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah thats for sure, Clyde hes turned meaner than snake sh*t since the pairing last night. Before that he was a wuss, now hes striking at any movement in his tank. Bonnie...who is usually no more active than a rock is now wandering all over her tank and crawling the glass. Their behaviors have went from one extreme to the other since they paired last night.