Handling my Black Widow:)

ruckaisawesome

Arachnosquire
haven't posted anything for a while now so just felt like sharing something:biggrin:
It's funny how there are people who think these guys attack anything that moves lol
[YOUTUBE]FRjRA_3Cjl0[/YOUTUBE]

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They are more skittish than anything, but I would not ever risk putting one in hand. I have two in my T room right now. They are fun to watch, and feed roach nymphs to.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Most spiders tend to avoid the feel of human skin but every time i've seen a widow handled they seem to actually gravitate to it. beautiful girl, I can tell you trust her and that's awesome. all accounts I have read from widow owners say that they are extremely docile, and all the videos i have seen would prove that to be true.

that said, i wouldn't keep them because i have a 3-year-old. But if I didn't, I'd have one on my hand no problem.

ruckaisawesome

Arachnosquire
They are more skittish than anything, but I would not ever risk putting one in hand. I have two in my T room right now. They are fun to watch, and feed roach nymphs to.
Not really that skittish.. I feed it countless crickets by hand and it never seemed to mind

Scar

Arachnosquire
I have never had a phobia of arachnids, but I don't think I could bring myself to do this. The likelihood of a bite is small when handled with care, but the thought of a widow on me gives me the chills. Kudos.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
they are extremely docile, and all the videos i have seen would prove that to be true.
Unless you try to take their egg sac away!

Mine wasn't very happy with me and acted very aggressively when I kept her in a small deli container. She would bob (seen in the video) and charge the opening whenever I opened the container. I've pet her but never handled her. I don't really think she would take a bite but I can't take that chance. I'm way too poor lol.

I moved her to a mini KK. She's happy as a pig in mud on a hot day!

Here's a video of her in the smaller container. I was very tired so I sound stoned a bit... but I'm not lol.

[YOUTUBE]5XysDI6lRv8[/YOUTUBE]