Maratus volans, irresistible little spider. Nature Inspires.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
This was posted in the true spider sub forum a while back... Cool spiders but you've posted it in the wrong section ;)

nepenthes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This should be in a seperate forum. Neat spiders regardless.

Piperwillow

Arachnopeon
This was posted in the true spider sub forum a while back... Cool spiders but you've posted it in the wrong section ;)
I was hoping for other newbies who may not know enough to venture into the true spider forum to have an opportunity to view this tiny wonder...I didn't know to look in the TRUE spider section, so I'm one of those newbies!! Lol. So this post is not meant for you, it's meant for newbies like myself! : D No harm done, I hope. In the future, I'll do a search first to see if it's been posted before. Fair enough?

---------- Post added 10-29-2012 at 08:01 PM ----------

This should be in a seperate forum. Neat spiders regardless.
I was hoping for other newbies who may not know enough to venture into the true spider forum to have an opportunity to view this tiny wonder...I didn't know to look in that section, so I'm one of those newbies!! Lol. So this post is not meant for you, it's meant for newbies like myself! : D No harm done, I hope. In the future, I'll do a search first to see if it's been posted before. Fair enough?

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How did you get hold of these outside Australia?
I really really want some, but i didnt think there was anyway of getting them to the UK.

Piperwillow

Arachnopeon
How did you get hold of these outside Australia?
I really really want some, but i didnt think there was anyway of getting them to the UK.
LOL. Sorry, I don't have them as pets, they're so tiny I think I would lose them in seconds. They're great jumpers, you know. ; )

---------- Post added 10-30-2012 at 04:19 PM ----------

You might be interested in this live, amplified audio of their mating ritual. Amazing!

http://videosift.com/video/Jumping-Spider-Mating-Ritual-With-Super-Audio