EMERGENCY! Where to buy heat packs!?

Eclipse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have to ship off a couple of things by Monday and I have to get some heat packs. I checked Wal-mart Wal Greens, Rite Aid and other pharmacies, but they only carry that medical 2 hour stuff or that hot and cold pack. I need to find some quickly.

Toogledoo

Arachnoknight
The only thing I was able to find, other than the "Hot Hands" type of stuff (which is in the sporting good, camping section), is online...

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You might be able to find some in a really good local pet/reptile store.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Not sure what good this will do you. The chemical heat packs I know of aren't good for more than a few hours. When we needed sustained heat for more than 24 hours we used concrete. A brick sized chunk wrapped in a layer of Hollowfil type insulation can slowly release heat for 24 hours to 48 hours or longer. Bake bare crete in oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 150-200 degrees. Note: Concrete should be older than 28 days from the time it was poured. It is an ultra high density material that doesn't readily release heat unlike metals. The amount of heat it gives off can be regulated by the amount of insulation.

Last edited:

Eclipse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not sure what good this will do you. The chemical heat packs I know of aren't good for more than a few hours. When we needed sustained heat for more than 24 hours we used concrete. A brick sized chunk wrapped in a layer of Hollowfil type insulation can slowly release heat for 24 hours to 48 hours or longer. Bake bare crete in oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 150-200 degrees. Note: Concrete should be older than 28 days from the time it was poured. It is an ultra high density material that doesn't readily release heat unlike metals. The amount of heat it gives off can be regulated by the amount of insulation.
Huh? The weight of the brick will add up the shipping costs. I just need the 40+ hour heat packs. I'm going to check my local pet shop or a camping goods store tomorrow like Pulk and Toogledoodoo said

springtail

Arachnopeon
You can get 24 HR heat packs from sporting goods stores. Or hardware stores like Lowes .

Oreo

Arachnocookie
Huh? The weight of the brick will add up the shipping costs. I just need the 40+ hour heat packs. I'm going to check my local pet shop or a camping goods store tomorrow like Pulk and Toogledoodoo said
Haha, this is awesome...

MB623

Arachnoknight
Cabelas and Bass Pro carries heat packs although I'm not sure if they have 40+ hr heat packs.