Excitement City

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey all,

Swift e-mailed me last night to tell me my shipment is on the way. I'm so excited to see all my new T's. The anticipation of what the freebie might be is quite cool. Cross your fingers that all of the T's arrive in good condition although I have zero doubts with all the good things I have heard about Kelly as both a dealer and his packaging abilities. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well all my new little slings arrived +2 extra's. I got an extra A. seemanni and a freebie that was a B. augustum. They're all so tiny tiny and I'm already unsure if my 8 oz containers are way too large for the little guys. I guess my main question now is when should I try to give them their first meals? Thanks guys.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I house my tinniest of my slings in film cases and I find that size ideal for a hatchling. Feed them whenever you wont, as soon as you get them, five minutes later, the next day. It doesnt matter, if they dont want to, they wont eat

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just keep the slings in the containers that Swifty sent them in. When you run out of your supply of pinheads, I would just go to frozen crickets that you cut into little pieces and drop in there for the s'lings to eat.

They will do just fine.

Jon

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ususally what i do is take the kicking legs off the adult crickets. then i take the lower part of the leg off leaving just the thigh. you can either throw one thigh in each vial or cut the thigh in half.

lhoy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
KFC = Kentucky Fried Cricket Legs

Do you ever have any slings not eat the legs? I tire of catching and feeding pinheads, but I always have large crickets for my reptiles. That would be a great alternative and reduce the jumping of the large crickets :D

Thanks,

Lee Hoy
Georgetown, Tx

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont think feeding them right when you get it is a big deal. I like feeding my slings the hind leg of the cricket.

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My silly little spoiled slings _never_ ate their cricket legs. Chopping up the crickets worked much better. I have noticed that cricket heads will stay alive for several hours. Disgusting but true. Since crickets can bite, it's probably safer NOT to feed the heads to tiny slings. Either that, or thoroughly crush the cricket mouthparts.

Karen N. (the Cricket Mutilator)

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ultimate Instar said:
Since crickets can bite, it's probably safer NOT to feed the heads to tiny slings. Either that, or thoroughly crush the cricket mouthparts.

Karen N. (the Cricket Mutilator)
Nah, just chop the head in half longitudinally. No chance of the mouthparts biting anything, reminiscent of the one hand clapping phenomenon :D