More substrate ?'s

SmackMasterT

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how can i warm up the substrate for my rosie? it's kind of cold and it seems to niot want to go on it. he's always had this kind of substrate so i know thats not the problem. i'm thinking maybe it's too cold? :? :confused:

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What is the temperature in that room? The substrate might be too damp thats why it does not like it.Keep it around room temperature and it will do fine..If the substrate is damp just let it hang around until it is dryer and then it will be happier. Or you could use a heating pad but i dont reccomend it

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i don't think putting heating pad on the glass directly on the substrate is a good idea.. try a heat lamp for a bit or any lamp at all.. not too long cause it will desecate the T.. if not put the T in warmer part of the house

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
SmackMasterT said:
well it's in teh warmest room of the house so
don't worry too much, rosehairs are one of the hardiest t's and can tolerate temps in the 60's.. now unless your room temp is below that your fine.. i find that when the enclosure has moist substrate it tends to be colder then room temp but if you keep it bone dry like it should be it should be at room temp.