What I found this morning

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great end of the year! A beautiful species. Good work!

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks guys, I've been raising them for a while. It's been a while since I've had babies from this species, I've got two other gravid female that should be having broods soon. I'm very excited.

---------- Post added 01-01-2013 at 08:03 PM ----------

very nice pics..how big do they get?
I've seen them get almost as big as my index finger, usually they top of at around 2"-2.5". The babies are pretty small, around .25".

Olsin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They look really cool. Do the 2i only eat fruit flies?
Yes ... It's well known that 2i R.junceus have to be born at a time that coincides with fruit dropping from tree's so that they can have a chance of catching fruit flies..Young born outside the range of this period are doomed to die..Incidently young of this species have the ability to actually jump into the air and glide on prevailing wind currents giving them an edge and increasing their chance of being able to catching fruit flies...they loose this ability after moulting to 3i...;)

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No, it is not needed to feed them fruit flies, they readily feed on small crickets. The young are voracious predators that can tackle crickets larger than themselves, easy....drop in an adult cricket with some young and see what happens just for fun...They are not afraid, they are little pitbulls....

voldemort

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree w/ Michiel, these are excellent predators regardless of instar, my 2is snacks on week old lat nymphs and pinhead crix,