LuiziBee's Picture Thread

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A few of my tarantulas from now and the past. Have some more on the way and have a few I couldn't get pictures of. So I will post more once I catch them out of hiding!

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I made this the other day. Just waiting for my Phormictupus Sp. Purple to molt so I can finish it. :)

Dagmara

Arachnopeon
Brown and ugly, will molt soon :)
Wonderfull Chromatopelma, how long is the bigger one?

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's my Phormictopus sp.

---------- Post added 01-13-2013 at 12:50 AM ----------

Brown and ugly, will molt soon :)
Wonderfull Chromatopelma, how long is the bigger one?
You know I'm not sure. 3 1/2 in or 4 probably. She molted recently. Mostly in hiding lately.

---------- Post added 01-13-2013 at 12:53 AM ----------

Got an H. lividum yesterday. My first old world T. Re housing was scary. Haha

---------- Post added 01-13-2013 at 12:54 AM ----------

Dagmara

Arachnopeon
We do have problem to get Haplopelma here, I'm so jealous :D Stunning spider <3
I had an old, wild-caught Chromatopelma. She was not very big one but her behaviour was different ...

psohn703

Arachnosquire
Lol I rehoused 3 pokies yesturday too and it WAS scary. Its been about 7 years since my last pokies I had. OW Ts :p wonderful pics btw. Love the gbb.

Chezza88

Arachnopeon
Lovely collection you have there, I hope to have a collection like that soon :)

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lovely collection you have there, I hope to have a collection like that soon :)

You definitely will. I try to keep myself under control. I had one started years ago, but someone stole all of them.... seriously.
But now I buy maybe two or three at a time every six months or so. Just so it doesn't look like I'm going crazy. Haha

---------- Post added 01-13-2013 at 04:32 PM ----------

Lol I rehoused 3 pokies yesturday too and it WAS scary. Its been about 7 years since my last pokies I had. OW Ts :p wonderful pics btw. Love the gbb.
Thank's. I've decided I don't want a pokie. Well, not for years to come. It was a hard debate just for the H. lividum, but I couldn't pass it up. The same thing will probably happen & I'll end up with a few pokies. I just get nervous with my little dog and boyfriend. Sometimes I have to leave town and I'll put him on spray duty and water duty. I don't want him to get bit by anything bad or have it escape and my dog start to mess with it. I do like pokies, though. So beautiful!

Tarantino andTs

Arachnopeon
Best of luck with that! As far as flashy colors go I have been hoping the newly discovered species Typhochlena curumim becomes commercially available (although they are endangered, so that will probably not happen any time soon)!

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Best of luck with that! As far as flashy colors go I have been hoping the newly discovered species Typhochlena curumim becomes commercially available (although they are endangered, so that will probably not happen any time soon)!
I just looked that up. It's beautiful! Looks like several new species have popped up! I've always wanted to be out in the rain forests and stuff discovering new species of any kind of insect or arachnid. Or even be in a lab discovering new things about them. It's always fascinated me. That would be my dream job. But keeping tarantulas and other random insects and stuff keeps me pretty satisfied. I'm a total bug lover. Have been since I was a child.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

I just came across these pictures from about four years ago. Haha

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's some I just took. Sorry if the quality isn't great. I lost my camera and had to use my cell phone.

C. cyaneopubescens

C. cyaneopubescens sling

Phormictopus sp. Purple

L. parahybana

Pet Hole (H. lividum)

Pet Hole (B. albopilosum)

B. vagans - Complete disappearing act. She's blocked up and buried her hide.

B. emilia - Got her yesterday. Thought she was going to be a wee bit bigger, so I had to improvise her container. Oops.

A. seemani - starting to block herself in, too.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wish my camera made pics of such "not great" quality.
Okay, they're not terrible quality. But not as good and clear as my camera. Then emailing it to myself, then uploading into photobucket. I turned it into a bit of a process...

---------- Post added 01-17-2013 at 07:19 PM ----------

I got a wee baby G. pulchripes in the mail today. Soo small I almost though I smooshed her and couldn't find her in the vial. Haha

Tarantino andTs

Arachnopeon
Ah same here, if I had a second life to live I would definitely spend it as a biologist in a rain forest!

I just looked that up. It's beautiful! Looks like several new species have popped up! I've always wanted to be out in the rain forests and stuff discovering new species of any kind of insect or arachnid. Or even be in a lab discovering new things about them. It's always fascinated me. That would be my dream job. But keeping tarantulas and other random insects and stuff keeps me pretty satisfied. I'm a total bug lover. Have been since I was a child.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A. seemani (I think?)
She has web stuck on her spinneret. Wont let me take it off, either. :(

B. boehmei

c. cyaneopubescens sling