video of one of my African Red Trapdoors catching a cricket

jecraque

Arachnobaron
If that isn't cute I don't know what is.

Like a sudden, lethal hug. adorable.

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
Wow! Good catch. How long did you have to wait? I have never seen mine eat.
actually that was the full length this particular one of mine burrowed on the side so I can see him all the time. he happen to be right up at the lid so I knew that I should film this.

---------- Post added 01-15-2013 at 08:32 PM ----------

Wow! I almost jumped off the couch!! : )
yeah they don't mess around

---------- Post added 01-15-2013 at 08:33 PM ----------

Trap Door Spider:"Surprise!!!"
they are the ultimate ninjas :ninja:

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Lucky. Mine burrowed on the side, as well, but it has fully enclosed its lair. I very rarely see it anymore - I mostly see it pulling its door shut like I am Jehovah's witness knocking.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
Nice video! The reds are awesome looking! Definitely going to be a future purchase.

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
Nice video! The reds are awesome looking! Definitely going to be a future purchase.
they are definitely fun to watch hunt, but they are not much of the to look at since well they never come out. so if you get one take plenty of pics before he sets up his home.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
they are definitely fun to watch hunt, but they are not much of the to look at since well they never come out. so if you get one take plenty of pics before he sets up his home.
I bought a couple of A. pacificus a couple of weeks ago. Really cool looking too. I love mygs! But, like you said, I haven't seen them since. This tiny myg that builds a sheet funnel web is really cool though. Killer at eating crickets. I love watching him attack.

Not as clear a video. I'm going to try and do a better one next feeding day.

[YOUTUBE]fQuzjF3MJ6Q[/YOUTUBE]