Bruce Update - He's growing up fast! (Pics)

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Just thought I would post some pics of the brat, he is almost 17 weeks now, and getting big (40lbs now). He's incredibly smart, and learning tons. He's trouble, but we love him. Enjoy.

brucebannerodin.jpg
brucebatman2.jpg
brucecouch3.jpg
brucecrazy.jpg
bruceear.jpg

Shell

Staff member
Cute puppies. =)
Thanks :) The 2 labs belong to my best friend. They're my doggy nephews, and were teaching Bruce the ropes on proper dog playdate etiquette.

Shell

Staff member
Love that Dobie, and great name, too!...
Thanks, we love him :) My son (who has autism and LOVES anything ocean related) named him after Bruce from Finding Nemo.

Boatman

Arachnosquire
Awwww... :love:
I think dogs/cats with human names are cool & hilarious!

jecraque

Arachnobaron
What an attentive little guy! How tempting--I've always wanted one but no more mammals until I'm a homeowner. I got stuck with all three of ex-husband's cats plus my mutt and it's difficult enough finding a new place with them in tow.

Bruce is a beaut--very regal-looking and still has a little bit of the puppyface left!

Shell

Staff member
What an attentive little guy! How tempting--I've always wanted one but no more mammals until I'm a homeowner. I got stuck with all three of ex-husband's cats plus my mutt and it's difficult enough finding a new place with them in tow.

Bruce is a beaut--very regal-looking and still has a little bit of the puppyface left!
They are great dogs, very smart, very loyal, VERY velcro ish (seriously, I can't sit down without this dog laying ON me, like right on my head). I have trained a lot of dogs in my life, and am a vet tech, and Bruce is definitely the most "difficult" puppy I've worked with. He loves to train, and work, but he is very stubborn and has a lot of drive at the same time. I've learned how to channel that drive for the most part, and he is learning loads, but he can be quite stubborn for my other half (who isn't as dog saavy).

Shell

Staff member
Sort of like kids growing up. And dogs grow up even faster.
So true, and Bruce is my "3rd baby". I'm so attached to the little monkey, and I'm torn on him growing up. Part of me can't wait for the puppy days to be behind us; but the other part knows I will miss it when I can't pick him up and cuddle him anymore (it's almost there now, but I'm stubborn lol).

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So true, and Bruce is my "3rd baby". I'm so attached to the little monkey, and I'm torn on him growing up. Part of me can't wait for the puppy days to be behind us; but the other part knows I will miss it when I can't pick him up and cuddle him anymore (it's almost there now, but I'm stubborn lol).
Keep picking him up every day and you will always be able to. LOL Keep working on those core muscles so you don't hurt your back!

Shell

Staff member
Just thought I would update with a couple new pics, he is getting huge (53 lbs now, and just over 5 months).

His training is going incredibly well, this dog is super smart, and very well behaved. He loves everyone too. Yesterday, my sons aide at school wanted to see Bruce again, so we brought him in the morning. Hayden was able to walk Bruce himself, and let all his friends pet him. It was a really neat moment to watch my normally shy, keep to himself son (he has autism for those who don't know), proudly show off his dog. He was very proud of himself, and Bruce acted like a superstar, listening to every command my son gave hime (I was within reach if I needed to grab the leash).

Anyway, here are a few new pics of my 4 legged kid. The other dog in the last pic is my "sometimes" dog (I babysit him regularly), Oscar the Weimaraner, him and Bruce are good buddies.

brucepark.jpg
brucepark1.jpg
brucepark2.jpg
bruoscar.jpg

Trogdora

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Aww, he's gotten so big! He still looks like a sweetheart though.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
He looks really mean and intimidating with those cropped ears! {D

Nice update! How about you update this while you are at it. ;)

Shell

Staff member
Aww, he's gotten so big! He still looks like a sweetheart though.
He is quite a sweetheart :) He has his moments of course, but that's a puppy for you.

He looks really mean and intimidating with those cropped ears! {D

Nice update! How about you update this while you are at it. ;)
Terrifying, isn't he Chad?! ;) He might lick you to death.

Ugh my pic thread, don't remind me. I have been the worst tarantula keeper lately...REALLY need to feed and do some maintenance, I've just been sick, and busy, and then sick some more.

Shell

Staff member
Don't know how I forgot this pic, it is probably my very favorite of him. His ears are standing beautifully now, but this was the last night they were posted (taped), about 2-3 weeks ago. We had a busy day this day, and he crashed hard. Rough life this guy has, even gets a pillow ;)

bruceteeth.jpg

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Awww, he's got all of his big boy teeth! Does he drool when he sleeps like that? :) Great pic!