Monocentropus balfouri

Petross

Tarantulaholic
Arachnosupporter
Today I bought 5pcs M.balfouri in second instar for 35$. I think that's a great deal.:happy: Here are some pics
DSC_0498.jpg
DSC_0500.jpg
DSC_0501.jpg
DSC_0504.jpg
And their older sister/brother?:biggrin:
SL387013.jpg

Petross

Tarantulaholic
Arachnosupporter
My friend has captive breeding. Where are you from? I can take some to Hamm.

Petross

Tarantulaholic
Arachnosupporter
Yes, i have really good experience in communally breeding with Poecilotheria genus, much better the breeding them just one in alone so i believe they will grow faster and healthier

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lucky. I want to do my first communal/breeding attempt. I only have one, about a 1 1/2 in sling. Got it for $140. It's gonna be a while until I can get my show on the road. Lol but I'm so in love with this species. So beautiful and so fascinating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Petross

Tarantulaholic
Arachnosupporter
Lucky. I want to do my first communal/breeding attempt. I only have one, about a 1 1/2 in sling. Got it for $140. It's gonna be a while until I can get my show on the road. Lol but I'm so in love with this species. So beautiful and so fascinating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Yes this species is one of my favorite, they are so interesting. I got them today a few crickets and they hunt them together.

Tarantino andTs

Arachnopeon
Yes this species is one of my favorite, they are so interesting. I got them today a few crickets and they hunt them together.
...That is literally the coolest thing ever. I looked up a video and it seemed like they linked up several web tunnels! I have to get a few.

cmcghee358

Arachnoknight
An M. balfouri communal is the only Tarantula purchase that I have full authority at anytime to get. I think I saw them on Ken the Bug Guy's site for 69.99 each as 2i a few months ago. I'm kicking myself for not getting them!

Great pics, great set up. I'm wholly and completely jealous of you.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Love the baby balfouris! I have a communal going, too, and expecting a few more babies this coming week. Those are great prices! Was that $35 each or for the lot? Congrats!

Petross

Tarantulaholic
Arachnosupporter
Love the baby balfouris! I have a communal going, too, and expecting a few more babies this coming week. Those are great prices! Was that $35 each or for the lot? Congrats!
35$ for all of them.

---------- Post added 01-27-2013 at 12:46 PM ----------

Thanks all, I tried to set up with lots of hides.

---------- Post added 01-27-2013 at 12:48 PM ----------

PetRoss I'm in Michigan
So you don´t be at Hamm. But in US are luckily available too

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Considering you could have paid $100 or more per sling, I'd say that's a great deal.

Zevian

Arachnopeon
7$ a piece?!?!?! You lucked out there my friend! At one time my personal quest was to find an m. balfouri. I finally found a sling for over 50$. Have fun with your new additions! c:

poisoned

Arachnodemon
7$ a piece?!?!?! You lucked out there my friend! At one time my personal quest was to find an m. balfouri. I finally found a sling for over 50$. Have fun with your new additions! c:
I think it was 35$/piece.

It's quite normal price in Europe, but average income in Central/Eastern Europe is also lower than in US.