For those with experience shipping EXPRESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok so today i packaged up a typical package for ONE adult t.

6x6 box
lined with about 1" styrofoam
shallow deli (about 4" deep)
HUGE t

I then gave my girl the box so she could deliver it while i was at work

Tonight i got home from work and asked for the receipt for the tracking number.

IT COST 84.11$ to ship the package to CA

WHAT THE HELL???

This is only the 2nd time ever i have shipped express. Last time it cost me 50+$ to ship a larger box with 2 MMs to AZ.

2 questions

Why would a larger box cost less?

---------- Post added 02-20-2013 at 08:30 PM ----------

[/COLOR]all i know is if this package isnt there by tomorrow FOR SURE, or if there is any damage AT ALL i am demanding a full refund.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Weight will affect cost more than box size will. How much do your packages weigh????? 20lbs lol?
Can ship a one pound box across the country for right around $40. Alaska was the most expensive and that was still not more than $50.
Also an online account saves you like $10 off express

Grin

Arachnoknight
Oh my...
What did your female do?!
I just shipped to NY last week for $38...

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the reciept says

Fedex Standard Overnight
Dimensions
8x8x7
Scale Display 1.05lb
Dimensional Weight Applied
Chargeable weight 3lbs

---------- Post added 02-20-2013 at 09:03 PM ----------

is there a difference between
Usps "express shipping"
and Fedex "standard overnight"?

The place this package was dropped off at ISNT a post office BTW.
It is a mail/copy center. Ive had plenty of packages go through them, and usually they just take a small 2-3$ fee. Thats for boxes tape etc.

Im definitely looking for a more cost effective way to express ship in case i ever decide to ship express again. Any tips would be appreciated

roaddog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just read this, disregard what I PM'ed you. ROFL, I had a good laugh when I read this thread. NO worries, I will make it up to you :)

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I just read this, disregard what I PM'ed you. ROFL, I had a good laugh when I read this thread. NO worries, I will make it up to you :)
WOW $35-40 is most I have ever payed for shipping
Roaddogg do you breed P regalis???

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
took me a bit I had to go back and read the receipt info again as I scanned it.

Also I tracked a few packages sent to me recently - two from Fl and one from AZ. In all three cases they were shipped to a completely different state (I'm in CO) for overnight - I guess reginal sorting? and then sent to CO. The two from FL went to TWO DIFFERENT states.

I think it's a waste of gas IMHO.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah bro, fedex and ups kill on the prices.

Give Rodie a white castle slider, he will do anything you please!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok, so I was worrying over this package all day at work (i love my ts.. i always get nervous shipping) and instantly checked my PMs as soon as i got home.

Roadie told me that my girl didnt make it.

Apparently the fedex guy was a trainee and was attempting to lift a flat screen all by himself, and it did not go so well.
He then sent me these pictures.
View attachment 113265 View attachment 113266

I was told that my girl did not make it, and was nice and flat. I was told that the paperwork was being filed, and that Fed ex will refund my money.

I was pissed and speechless. I couldnt believe what i was hearing.

Turns out Roadie and Arienette had discussed screwing with me and made up this elaborate story to get me going.
I assure you both it did .. AND I HATE YOU haha

In the end, i payed an arm and a leg to ship my girl off but she got there nice and safe which is the important part.
I also nearly got a mild heart attack and a great laugh (afterwards) out of this whole ordeal.

Thanks to everybody who has replied to this thread. I will definitely not be using Fedex again,

Arienette

Arachnoknight
Ok, so I was worrying over this package all day at work (i love my ts.. i always get nervous shipping) and instantly checked my PMs as soon as i got home.

Roadie told me that my girl didnt make it.

Apparently the fedex guy was a trainee and was attempting to lift a flat screen all by himself, and it did not go so well.
He then sent me these pictures.
View attachment 113265 View attachment 113266

I was told that my girl did not make it, and was nice and flat. I was told that the paperwork was being filed, and that Fed ex will refund my money.

I was pissed and speechless. I couldnt believe what i was hearing.

Turns out Roadie and Arienette had discussed screwing with me and made up this elaborate story to get me going.
I assure you both it did .. AND I HATE YOU haha

In the end, i payed an arm and a leg to ship my girl off but she got there nice and safe which is the important part.
I also nearly got a mild heart attack and a great laugh (afterwards) out of this whole ordeal.

Thanks to everybody who has replied to this thread. I will definitely not be using Fedex again.
I had no part in this elaborate trickery!

Oh and on a side note:
Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
MAN!!!!! My jaw just dropped open when I got to your post Gray - I was tearing up and everything.

So you decided to pass on the trickery huh?

*arg*

jarmst4

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh my god that is funny. Bet the look on your face was awesome. I can't believe those shipping charges.

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
"feeder insects and feeder animals" are okay... but you have to file for the ability to do so.

for example, if you go go to a UPS or FedEx store and tell them that you're shipping live crickets - they will turn you down.

You have to get the discount to ship cost effectively via UPS or Fedex - All carriers suck equally. - UPS - FedEx

I prefer FedEx mostly due to the large FedEx store near me, they accept Overnight until 7:15 pm.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Mod Note

Once again another thread talking and condoning of illegal activities had to be cleaned up. Honestly, we are getting sick of it. Anymore posts condoning it will be awarded infractions.

Please reread the rules --> http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?110049-Unacceptable-Language-and-Material

and take a closer look at this;
The following is prohibited:
The promotion or discussion of illegal activities, including (but not limited to) the act of smuggling and the use, sale, or distribution of illegal substances.

Status
Not open for further replies.