6 molts this week and counting!!....also if you guys could sex this molt?

YZFR1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
WOE! All of my S'lings are molting like crazy:
Sunday--Usambara Orange baboon
Monday--Green Bottle Blue...Looking good!
Tuesday--V. Suntiger..died upside down though.. :(
Wednesday--T. blondi!! (9-10" now?)
Thursday--Cobalt Blue
Friday--Pinktoe (A. avicularia)...and Haytian Brown​

Wating for my Tiger Rump, Giant White Knee and Mexican Fireleg to get with the program here!

Here are a few pics of my T. blondi molt....I know the pictures may not be crystal clear, but its the best I can do with this camera..Ive searched the forums and I think its a male, but I HOPE I AM WRONG, because the guy told me it was a female. This is also the first time Ive tried to sex a T.

Attachments

Last edited:

Makai

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Male for me man, sorry thought I'm not very skilled lol

YZFR1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That really pisses me off. I got "her" :rolleyes: on March 1st of this year for 100 bucks. I guess thats what I get for being ignorant. This was my first T, I didn't know anybetter.
If it is a male then I would imagine its getting pretty close to being mature...
He also said it was WC...He might make a good breeder mabe?
again sorry about the poor quality...but you can see the big color change in this before/after shots..

Attachments

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
looks male to me as well. If there is no little leaf or flap sticking up, between the first set of booklungs, it's definately male. I can't tell for sure, but it would seem there is not

YZFR1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ya...im thinking its a male. That just makes me mad that that guy could lie to my face like that. Oh well. What do you guys think I should do with him? DO you think I could trade it to a breeder for some s'lings maybe? I have no idea how old it is now/ or how long its been mature...possibly this could be its mature molt since of the color change?..

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
the way to tell if he is mature or not is by his pedipalps. They will have changed shape, and look like they have little boxing gloves on the end of them. T blondi do not have any tibial hooks to make it easy for you!
However, his palps should be quite noticable.

mrs scabtree

Arachnopeon
i know what you mean out of are 11
8 shed in a week, but i have a theory on this, as it is a very stressfull time for a T and the blood pressure raises before a shed, they must give off a hormone before the shed and any other Ts in the same area will feel the affects of this hormone, (esspecially if the Ts are around the same age) (like in ppl, if a female lives in close company to lots of other women they menstrate at around the same time, there is also a theory that males with high testosterone levels seek company from males with other high testerone males) and they all shed within days of each other.
this could be compleatly wrong but someone will tell me if i am {D , (please tell me)

YZFR1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mrs scabtree said:
i know what you mean out of are 11
8 shed in a week, but i have a theory on this, as it is a very stressfull time for a T and the blood pressure raises before a shed, they must give off a hormone before the shed and any other Ts in the same area will feel the affects of this hormone, (esspecially if the Ts are around the same age) (like in ppl, if a female lives in close company to lots of other women they menstrate at around the same time, there is also a theory that males with high testosterone levels seek company from males with other high testerone males) and they all shed within days of each other.
this could be compleatly wrong but someone will tell me if i am {D , (please tell me)
Hey I can't tell you if your wrong about that or not. Interesting thought though. I used to work in a restraunt with all women! :D I knew when I walked into work and said "hi" to everyone, and noone said it back then it was that time of the month...LOL

YZFR1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Spiral_Stairs said:
What is everyone talking about?! That Blondi is definately female!
Here I am getting all mad and now I'm starting to think he is a SHE! I looked on the pedapalps and I can see small hooks. I don't see ANY sign of the "boxing glove" look. Could that be maybe because its not mature?

Spiral_Stairs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
JakeRocks said:
Even without seeing the exuvium you can tell it's a male.
I don't know about all that, maybe your right. But going on the exuvium, my guess is female. I can't seem to pick out any epiandrous fusillae, and also maybe I'm wrong about this but I was under the impression that it was the males who had the triangle as opposed to the square. If you look at the picture on the right (the clearest one) you can even see the little "leaf" in between the first set of book lungs. Anyway, thats just my opnion. Let us know what ever it happens to turn out to be.

YZFR1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Personally I have never heard of the "square shape vs V shape"....I think it is a male because i don't see any sort of "flap" in the molt...but I have reason to belive its a female because it has hooks on its pedapalps, and I see NO sign of the "boxing glove" look on the pedapalps....could that just mean it is no mature?
Also it must of grew at least an inch or two..

I really don't know though..lol.. :confused:

I wish I did though...SO CMON MALE OR FEMALE!! :D

oh ya...."SHIM" just stuffed a cricket! wooohoo! hasn't had a bite to eat since I got shim on March 1st!

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I'm going with it being male also, and only using the clear picture of the molt. There isn't any flap of any sorts I can see between the 1st set of booklungs. Which tells me male

If he matured, I'm sure you can find a willing female or more, if he didn't mature you have more time to enjoy him before he wants to wander in search of a female :)