Arachnofreak95's photo thread

arachnofreak95

Arachnopeon
Now that I have a good camera I figured that it was about time to put some pictures up :biggrin:

Brachypelma smithi
bsmithi.jpg

Brachypelma albopilosum
balpopilosum.jpg

Lasiodora parahybana
lparahybana.jpg

Thrixopelma ockerti
tockerti.jpg

And last but not least Grammostola pulchripes. Almost 5 years old now, and getting ready for a much needed molt after 1 or 2 years.
gpulchripes2.jpg

That's it for now, but I have some new arrivals coming in tomorrow and an upcoming molt from the G. pulchripes and the B. smithi. More pics soon!

arachnofreak95

Arachnopeon
New arrivals

5 beautiful spiders from Anastasia!

Eupalaestrus campestratus. This thing is SOOOOOO tiny. This is the best I could do.
ecampestratus.jpg

Acanthoscurria brocklehursti. Another tiny one but at least they grow quickly.
abrock.jpg

Pelinobius muticus. I have wanted one of these ever since I got into the hobby. Now I just have to wait a LONG time for it to actually look like one :biggrin:. It would appear that this one brought a passenger on its head though.
pmuticus2.jpg

Pamphobeteus antinous enjoying its first meal of many. Vicious little thing.
pantinous.jpg

Poecilotheria striata. This was my first time unpacking a Poeci from a shipping vial. Much bigger than I expected it to be. I can't complain about that though :biggrin:
pstriata.jpg

If anybody has any tricks or advice for me to make my pictures better it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking!

arachnofreak95

Arachnopeon
Grammostola pulchripes molt

First time she has molted in 2 years. I saw her flip on to her back and I saw the finished product but I missed the actual molt.
moltprep.jpg

molt2.jpg

molt.jpg

Last edited:

arachnofreak95

Arachnopeon
Nothing new, just a pic I got of the pulchripes while she was stretching out. I desperately wish that I had a macro lens :(

And here is my LP. Recently looked at an old molt and realized that it is a she :D man does she have a LOT of growing left

And another look at the P. muticus. I made the mistake of starting multiple burrows for it and it alternates which ones it likes to stay in :laugh: It did come with a couple of mites on it though, and they have not left....obviously. Is it safe to let a 1 inch P. muticus's enclosure dry out for any period of time? I don't really want to order predatory mites or anything as it doesn't seem overrun, but I would like to get rid of them.

Last edited:

arachnofreak95

Arachnopeon
The P. antinous decided to molt for me :D now it actually is starting to look like a P. antinous instead of a brown bundle of legs. My P. striata also molted a few weeks ago but the dang thing is so reclusive that I haven't been able to sneak a picture of it yet.

arachnofreak95

Arachnopeon
My LP molted and I actually managed to get some pictures of the process for once!

It looks kind of like it is using its exuvium as a puppet

It's old exuvium was about 5 inches and this thing looks like it could easily be 6 or 6.5 now. I have raised this one from 1/2 inch so it is truly amazing to see it so big now, and it still has a fair bit of growing to do :D

Here is a random jumping spider I found in my house today. I can't wait to get a better lens so I can get better detail on the face, but until then this will have to do.

arachnofreak95

Arachnopeon
Thanks! The second I saw a jumper in my house I knew that I needed to try to get a picture of its cute little face.