Worlds Largest Tarantulas ! WOW! Epic

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like a pretty comprehensive list, lots of big spiders there. I might have a few tweaks for it but that's just my nitpicky ways

Meezerkoko

Arachnoknight
You're right it blew my mind! With how poorly they researched the photos they used. I mean wow. They had what appeared to be a jumper as the photo of an X. immanis and a photo of a Smithi for their Goliath Birdeater which they had on the list twice. Once by its common name and once by it's scientific name.

---------- Post added 04-01-2013 at 10:07 PM ----------

Lol good thing it was April Fools

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Pix 6 & 7 are of Wolf spiders. Yeah... they obviously didn't do their reseach. :sarcasm:

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Th-the article date is 10-20-12...can't tell if trolling e_e

It ends so perfectly on the Birdeater Goliath though...

prairiepanda

Arachnoknight
This made me laugh. The "birdeater goliath" was the best, though. I can imagine people reading this article and seeing a B smithi in a pet store and freaking out about how huge it's going to get.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
"When we think about the spider, what come to mind are small eight-legged insects"

I stopped reading after this point.

BaddestRuffest

Arachnosquire
This really does insult the intelligence of any t collector and hobbyist and gives the wrong idea/information to the public in general. Written by total idiots with no actual knowledge of arachnids or even how to form sentences that make sense.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Lucky it was an April fools thing, cause I had lots to say regarding the pics and wrong info, but lets hope newbies don't think its real or we will all have loads of explaining to do lol.

Cydaea

Arachnosquire
Wait, now we finally found that B.goliath that someone made a thread about! Brachypelma goliath! Previously unknown species, the size of a T.blondi and the color of a B.smithi!

Scuttlebutt

Arachnosquire
Wait, now we finally found that B.goliath that someone made a thread about! Brachypelma goliath! Previously unknown species, the size of a T.blondi and the color of a B.smithi!
And here everyone criticized that OP. Little did we know he knew more than any of us!

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow an 11.8" huntsman! I want one of those! :p Though I think the one that made me laugh the most was Hysterocrates Hercules LOL Are you sure this was april fools and not just stupidity?

Cydaea

Arachnosquire
I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they just took the first picture that popped up in an image search... but none of the pictures from the blog show up (except from the blog itself, but not from a different source) with the search terms I used. So I have no idea how they connect the pictures to the spiders they describe. I can forgive them for their not so perfect english.

I think this is just a matter of wanting to make a cool list, but not knowing what they're talking about. This is like me doing a list on world's fastest cars, when I know NOTHING about cars. I could get all the info I want with 5 minutes of googling, but I'd have no idea if all the information I got was correct.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Great April fools right? Who ever wrote this Article clearly doesn't know much about spiders.

Last edited:

Amimia

Arachnosquire
Oh yay, I have a birdeater Goliath due to arrive tomorrow. Lucky me:laugh: