How to pack P. imp for shipping?

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
One mama and several babies. I figure it's comparable to shipping tarantulas, but was thinking I'd pack them snugly in sphagnum moss to keep humidity up. Can I pack the babies together in one container?

Scuttlebutt

Arachnosquire
I have no experience with shipping but I see no one responded yet so I'll share my thoughts. I can't imagine using moss to be harmful, unless you do pack the youngin's together and they find their way in between the pieces and the recipient has to sort through a clump of moss to get all of the scorpions out. The usual slightly most paper towels that a T typically gets packed with should be fine for humidity. It's not like you have to worry about bacteria or anything, it's only temporary.

As for packing the babies together, I think they should be separate. I have no idea if they might attack each other or accidentally hurt each other with a wayward stinger or from hitting each other when their boxed gets shaken, but under the cramped and stressful conditions of being shipped it's better safe than sorry.

shebeen

Arachnobaron
Here is one of several videos showing how to pack a scorpion for shipping. Large individuals can be pack in deli containers and small individuals in vials. Paper towels are used for cushioning and, in the case of forest scorpions, moistened to provide humidity. Each scorpion should be packed in a separate container.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMrtM8hwr48