Unexpected purchase from an expo, Megophrys naruta :D

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wanted to go to the SWARE exhibition for stuff to start my dart frog set up with, over spent a lil bit :p
Loved these frogs since seeing them in books when i was little kid, never thought i would be able to get one, or they would be insanely expensive. But now i've got a pair :p

I was told they are around a year old and possibly a male and female. I think the male is the darker leaner one, hes a very aggressive feeder, the female is a hell of a lot more timid though, only seen her eat once.

Got them in a petpal enclosure each, few inches of cocofibre with a layer of dead boiled oak leaves on top, just putting their water bowls in now. They are only temporary set ups though, going to rehome some bits and pieces, rehouse some together, and make room for a 20 US gallon tank for them (i read US tank sizes too much -_-)

Anyway here's the male (i think)

And the only decent photo i got of the female (i think).

Entomancer

Arachnobaron
*Megophrys nasuta

Good luck with these. I don't know if you've ever kept frogs before, but these guys have a reputation for being difficult captives.

On that note, I wouldn't recommend putting them outside in leaf litter. I don't know how prevalent Chytridiomycosis is in the UK, but if I did that here (Oregon, US) with one, it would probably get sick.

If you have problems with it, go here: http://talkto.thefrog.org/

Those guys can be kind of harsh, but several of them have kept Megophrys species before, and they know their stuff.

EDIT: I didn't read the part about *boiled* oak leaves. My mistake.

I heard that Magnolia leaves have some antibacterial properties. I haven't done research to back this up (yet), but I use them in most of my frog enclosures/setups. They take a long time to break down, and the tropical species I keep seem to prefer taking shelter under the magnolia versus under maple or oak.

Again, good luck. You should keep us posted on how they do.