Spag moss

Adam20202

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, thinking of putting like a pile of spag moss in a corner of my terrarium, does this help with
Humidity? And has anyone used/use it? Is it any good?

EightLeggedFreaks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey guys, thinking of putting like a pile of spag moss in a corner of my terrarium, does this help with
Humidity? And has anyone used/use it? Is it any good?
I've only ever used it to put in my A.Versicolors enclosures to hold the water/humidity/something to web to. Once they get out of the 40 dram pill jars however, they probably wont be getting any sphagnum moss.

Scuttlebutt

Arachnosquire
Some people find moss to be smelly, but it does make nice natural looking decor that doubles to help with humidity. Personally I like the smell in small quantities, it's very earthy.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I use strands of long fiber spagnum in sling containers. They incorporate them into their retreats. They'll hold water when you mist them for a few days, which:1) gives the sling more time to drink, 2) raises the humidity, and 3) keeps the substrate from getting soggy.

EightLeggedFreaks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wouldn't ever say it would be useless. But if you have a water bowl, I don't see a use for it, other then the above points.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I don't use it for my T's. Only for my gecko's humidity box. He loves it, for what that's worth.

pardozer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I use it in all of my tarantula enclosures. From slings to a 6" Pulchripes. I like the look. My Boehmei now prefers to chill on that instead of inside her burrow lol. I don't mind, I get to see her all the time and she won't even run when distributed.

Adam20202

Arachnopeon
I have a large corner water dish, on the night when I turn my heat mat off humidities fine, but when heat mats on the
Like between 40-50.. I did think this could be cos my thermometer and hydrometer are on the same wall as what the heat mat mat is attached too.. But though I'd get some some just incase...

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 12:56 PM ----------

Humidity** drops**