What have you used as a hide?

fttwinmomma

Arachnopeon
Ok so finally my lp is ready to move to a bigger home. I couldn't find any small plant pots, so I was wondering what others have used as hides for your juvies? I was thinking a cleaned out yogurt cup half buried..

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ok so finally my lp is ready to move to a bigger home. I couldn't find any small plant pots, so I was wondering what others have used as hides for your juvies? I was thinking a cleaned out yogurt cup half buried..
I used a hosta leaf for a while. She out grew it before the leaf withered away.

Really, I would just start a burrow and let her finish it. I find most terrestrials I had borrowed under their hide anyway.

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
i use 1 litre yoghurt cup for bigger ones, and the little yoghurt cups for smaller ones

rob0t

Arachnoknight
I usually grab a decent sized rock from outside and scrape a little substrate out from under it. Let them make their own hide out of it.

Besides that, just about anything will work really as long as it won't mold. Some people use PVC, fish tank decorations, half logs etc.

fttwinmomma

Arachnopeon
Thanks much all!! And I tried the starter burrow thing when she was a lot smaller and she still has not finished it lol. But she keep burying her water dish so I'm hoping providing a hide(since she's big enough for one in her enclosure, was in a deli cup) might help and give her somewhere to run instead of being so jumpy/angry.

sbullet

Arachnoknight
Yea rocks work, you can come up with some creative caves/coves for them to hide under. I've used sling vials for smaller t's too. Birch bark, or something similar (not sure if that is around where you are) works well. It's always smart to bake stuff you find outside though. Really, anything you see hiking in the woods can be used (minus conifer trees such as pine-- some say it is toxic).

Arachtion

Arachnobaron
Cork bark every time, but as an adult an Lp probably won't require a hide as they are comfortable in the open (mine has one anyway but she never uses it)