Arboreal Set Ups!! Robc Inspired w/ a little twist

Ibzayalexander

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok everyone, so I'm trying to make my own enclosures now. . As I feel that nice looking Ts deserve nice looking enclosures lol. So here goes. Enjoy!! 973926_10151419197211960_1235029355_n.jpg 912600_10151419197686960_1900996469_n.jpg 960853_10151418561566960_436829674_n.jpg

Not the best. But they work for me :)

Ibzayalexander

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice enclosures. So what's the little twist?
Thanks! The little twists are as follows, no round vents to obstruct the view, acrylic hinges, 29-39 gal tank clips for locking, fake plants. I'm ballin on a budget unfortunately lol!!

---------- Post added 05-29-2013 at 10:18 AM ----------

Thanks!! ;)

---------- Post added 05-29-2013 at 10:19 AM ----------

Appreciate it!! I spent a decent amount of time and money tryna perfect it lol

Last edited:

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Thanks! The little twists are as follows, no round vents to obstruct the view, acrylic hinges, 29-39 gal tank clips for locking, fake plants. I'm ballin on a budget unfortunately lol!!

---------- Post added 05-29-2013 at 10:18 AM ----------

Thanks!! ;)

---------- Post added 05-29-2013 at 10:19 AM ----------

Appreciate it!! I spent a decent amount of time and money tryna perfect it lol
Cool. The unobstructed view does make a difference.

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think an unobstructed view is very important in the asthetic value of a setup. Nicely done. I see far too often people making setups with vents or locks or a seam between 2 panes of glass obstructing the viewing area. I build all my own tanks now because of this very problem. Again, nicely done!

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Another alternative would be to make the vents on the side, but that would mean grinding holes in the glass. That requires a fairly pricey diamond drill bit. It also means that you can never again use the aquarium as an aquarium.

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Another alternative would be to make the vents on the side, but that would mean grinding holes in the glass. That requires a fairly pricey diamond drill bit. It also means that you can never again use the aquarium as an aquarium.
For the typical round air vents, you need diamond hole saws. these are even more expensive than the glass drill bits.

Ibzayalexander

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks again everyone!! I really appreciate it. It only cost me a totally of 10 bucks to make the lid ;) . . the back drop I just used a dremel to make 3D rocks in 3 inch foam baord from Lowes which was 20 bucks for the board itself (You can make 15+ backdrops with the size board i ended up getting). . of course caulk & eco earth. Nothing fancy. The standard stuff. Anyone can do it! NO MORE EXPENSIVE EXO TERRAS FOR ME!! WOOT!!

Lycanax

Arachnopeon
Very nice! Good job. I'm planning on doing the same thing for my more impressive
spiders. The use of clips looks like a good idea, I'll use your idea, it looks alot better then a latch
Congrats! It looks great
Cheers alex

Ibzayalexander

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
THANKS!! A little store here in stockton,CA called taps plastics. They have an online site too u can also order from there.. they have everything u can possibly think of thats either acrylic or plastic.

---------- Post added 06-06-2013 at 01:43 PM ----------

Taps plastics, is a store thats only in a select few places, there might be one near you. If not there is always an online store of taps u can go to. They have eveverything!!!
Nice work. Would you mind telling me where you got the acrylic hinges?

---------- Post added 06-06-2013 at 01:45 PM ----------

Thanks! these are aqueon 10gals so if u decide to do something similar to this get the 29gal tank clips made by Zilla. . they are the tightest and work the best ;)
Very nice! Good job. I'm planning on doing the same thing for my more impressive
spiders. The use of clips looks like a good idea, I'll use your idea, it looks alot better then a latch
Congrats! It looks great
Cheers alex

Mello

ArachnoQUEEN
This is a silly question but how do you open them? I can't see the locks you mentioned haha. Could you post a pic of the locks and possibly tell me where you got them? These tanks are gorgeous and I would like to make my own but all I have are those huge acrylic hasps that don't look nearly as nice!

Oh wait I see the black top locks now, but where can I get them still? :)

Ibzayalexander

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They are 20 gallon tank clips made by Zilla, They fit the tanks perfectly. the tanks are 10gal aqueon tanks. I open them by stickting a cylinder like key in either of the vent holes, because i have a really curious daughter so i chose not to go with the regular handles . my pokies wouldnt get along with her lol, you can get the tank clips from any pet store. . petsmart or petco.. ;) .
This is a silly question but how do you open them? I can't see the locks you mentioned haha. Could you post a pic of the locks and possibly tell me where you got them? These tanks are gorgeous and I would like to make my own but all I have are those huge acrylic hasps that don't look nearly as nice!

Oh wait I see the black top locks now, but where can I get them still? :)

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is something you can easily build from just a few products from home depot... and of course sheets of glass. If anyone is interested, I can give out the details.