Husbandry help

OwnedByRetics

Arachnopeon
Hello,
I am very new to this site, so sorry if this is a repeat topic. I am very fascinated with the babycurus jacksoni. Any husbandry info, venom info, and personal experiences would be great.
Thanks,
Steven

Critterfarm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Welcome...another Virginian here
I keep them warm (around 80) and semi humid (I'd guess 65%?) on pure peat moss. I always have a gravel filled water bowl available, though I've never seen them use it. I house them individualy in 2.5 gallon aquariums, with a nice chunk of cork bark to climb on/scrape under. I've got 2 adult females doing fine like this, as well as 5 babies from another member here who managed to breed them. I'm hoping they're a little longer lived than other african buthid scorps so I can try my hand at breeding as well. TimR as well as others I'm sure can give tips on breeding them, which I'll jot down for reference ;)

As for potency, everything I've heard says they aren't medically significant. I treat them as if they were, as I don't want to be the first to prove that theory wrong. I'm sure some of the experts here have more to add.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Irwin said:
Hello,
I am very new to this site, so sorry if this is a repeat topic.
Welcome to the site. It is always a good idea to do a quick search of past threads to check to see if the topic has been covered. In this case, I think you will find several threads.

Cheers,
Dave

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
TimR as well as others I'm sure can give tips on breeding them
Wow I wish I could ;) Actually Brady, the 5 I traded you were from a gravid wild caught female. This was her second brood in my care.

Critterfarm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
heh..well when any males from your bunch mature and my females are still fertile and alive I'll have to wing it then...

BTW - Haven't forgotten that gracilis project, I'm still eager as ever but lacking in a memory card for the damn camera....Bought a new one off ebay and should have it monday