I think my b.smithi is in premolt...

gusman1204

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok guys i got my 2" b.smithi about 2 and a half weeks ago, havent eaten... today her abdomenon finally turned darker:), im guessing its a premolt.... i misted the substrate a bit to raise the humidity. The lid has lots of ventilation ... should i cover it up to keep the humidity or just mist once or twice a day? how long you think its gonna take? :confused:

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my 2-2.5" has been in hiding for 5 weeks now. :( Heard some folks here said theirs were in pre molt for as long as 2 months so it could take a while.

Bark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gusman ,

Has yours dug itself a hide yet???? Mine just sits on top of the terracota pot I put in there as a hide.

gusman1204

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it didnt really dig anything, but she(hopefully) is using the rocks i put there, she sits under them, and dug just a bit 2 creat more space under the rocks.

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'd leave her be and I think she'll be fine. Sometimes they don't hide away to molt. Mine just flips over in a corner and gets on with it. I wouldn't mist her too much either. You'll just stress her, without doing much to affect the long term humidity.