black and orange?

sanguinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does anyone have a pic of a juvenile A.bicoloratum they could post, or any juvenile T that is black and orange. My local petco has a T that is black and orange and they are saying it is a Redleg and it is not. They have redlegs marked for 99.99 in kritter keepers right next to it and any bozo can tell it is a different species. They put it in the office until some animal identifier with a picture book could give me a price. At least this is what the manager told me. What would be a good price if it is a bico. It is around 1.5 or 2 inches.Thanks,Clint

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does it have a triangle shape on the carapace? Redleg is a common name sometimes used for Brachypelma emilia.

-Kelly

sansoucie

Arachnolord
Old Timer
redlegs marked for 99.99 ????

My local shop has slings and juveniles for $39-49.00... geez!

sanguinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't think it had a triangular shape. The container it was in had no label on it. I am pretty sure the manager said it was a red knee not leg. I mistyped.

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I happen to work for the supplier that sells those spiders to Petco, so I can tell you its either a B. smithi (redknee) or B. emilia ( redleg or painted leg), because those are the only two species we have.

Nicole

sanguinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thank's .I am sure the bunch of others were smithi's. I wonder how much they will want for the emilia.

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How's this?

It's the only juvi orange/black brachy I have right now.

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A bicoloratum also looks very much like B boehmei without the dirty carapace

Pics

B bohemei

A bicoloratum

(I got this pic from Phil messengers site The Tarantula Store as My juvinile Blood leg hasn't arrived yet.

Last edited:

rtshaw80

Arachnopeon
Petco T's

I went to petco yesterday to get some crix and looked at the T's they had in. They had 2 B. smithi's and 1 B. emilia, all 3 for about 28 dollars. Unfortunately my girlfriend veto'd me from getting the emilia :-(

sanguinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The manager said it would take a little over a week for the animal identifier to come in. The guy with the picture book of T's is supposedly on vacation.