A Australis in Nevada?

Wolvie56X

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
a friend of mine for a few years wanted to get a scorpion, he lives in Nevada, I told him just go out somewhere remote and look around, or go at night with a portable black light, so he went looking during the day, couldn't find anything, went out at night and he said the desert was full of scorpions, so he collected about 3 or 4, he was looking through some of the pics of mine and he says 'hey I found a scorpion that looks just like one of yours'

I have a H Spadix, which is what I thought he was talking about, so I said 'The big one with the black back right?'

he said 'No, the mean looking one with the black tip on its tail.'

so my question is this, he's going to borrow a digi cam and take pics, but is it at all possible for a colony of A Australis to survive in the Nevada desert region? If H Spadix can live there, I'd assume any Androctonus could or Parabuthus and if that's the case, shouldn't people be warned?

he is going to get me some pics of the scorpions in question(got 2 H Spadix and 2 'black tipped' ones) soon

Wolvie

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Really need photos to make an ID...though if they are on the small side they might be V.spinigerus...the look a lot like little fattails...they have the attitude as well.

John
];')