haplopelma albostriatum mating video

lancej

Arachnolord
Nice video! Looked pretty successful, also (including her scratching her underside afterwards). Good luck! :)

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
Wow, that was a very brave boy! Saw him go into the burrow, but I wasn't expecting her to be so much bigger and darker than him!! Thanks for sharing again!

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
Wow, that was a very brave boy! Saw him go into the burrow, but I wasn't expecting her to be so much bigger and darker than him!! Thanks for sharing again!
yep males of this species are alot smaller and haplopelma are sexualy dimorphic at maturity so they are easy to tell apart.

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
[video=youtube;gr1rHLsWikg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr1rHLsWikg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

success :)

Keith B

Arachnobaron
Congrats on the sac! :) She's gorgeous! I love the colors on this species.

eyockies

Arachnopeon
Gud day i have h.albo as well and it seems like that its a male however i am concerned about his size hes just about 4 inches but already have hooks and boxing gloves...the other 2 are almost 5 inches and it looks like a fem. And they are already drumming (i reckon bec the males enclo is just beside theirs) is it safe to breed albo that small or i still need to wait for another moult...TIA

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
My males are much smaller than that compare to the females, look at the video to see they are two inches. I was shocked at first how Small they were, so if the females are being receptive like it sound like then go for it. Just make sure the males are indeed h. Albostriatum before you pair them