How bad is your addiction?

EmberPhase

Arachnopeon
How often do you buy new Ts? Do you find ways, outside of your paycheck, to fund your buys? What is the most extreme thing you have done to fund your addiction?

hearsemadam

Arachnosquire
I try to put some thought into what I purchase, as I have a taste for the more rare species available in the hobby, but Ive never done anything extreme to acquire one.

I dont buy new Ts that often, but when I do it can get expen$ive...

EmberPhase

Arachnopeon
I have do many on my wishlist that I tend to buy often. My most extreme is getting my spider hating bf to buy me 3 M.balfouri slings. :biggrin:

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I guess I'm in the mild stage, just desperately looking for a chaperone to go with me to the exotic pets expo to prevent me from buying another spider. I only need to get a new terrarium for my RCF rosea, some substrate, decorations and maybe a little glass cube for my GBB

Erebus

Arachnosquire
I'd say I'm at the mild stage. I've only got three T's and an Emperor Scorpion. But, then again, I do have plans to get 4 or 5 slings of the same species next month.

DavisG

Arachnopeon
My addiction has calmed down a bit, instead of 1000+ I have 50+. But there was a time when I was neck deep in the tarantula pond.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I got back into the hobby a little over a year ago and have about 400 T's now (60 species), so I'd have to say I have it pretty much under control and don't think the term 'addiction' applies in my case.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Lately, I have been buying true spiders, scorps and pedes rather than T's. Though I did get a few new additions a couple weeks ago. I tend to get something new every three weeks on average.

hearsemadam

Arachnosquire
I have do many on my wishlist that I tend to buy often. My most extreme is getting my spider hating bf to buy me 3 M.balfouri slings. :biggrin:
I would love for my BF to buy me a tarantula (or three) that I am interested in but I dont think he would know what I wanted, even if I wrote it in ink on my forehead.

hes dumb like that.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I would love for my BF to buy me a tarantula (or three) that I am interested in but I dont think he would know what I wanted, even if I wrote it in ink on my forehead.
Not everyone picks up on subtle clues like that.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince

hes dumb like that.
I am fortunate as my fiancee tends to surprise me with spiders every so often. She'll stop to get feeders, see something I'd like and get it.

Planetary

Arachnopeon
I've been in the hobby for about 6 months and went from one LP to just under 50 ts. I guess you can say I dove right in.

moghue

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was real bad at one time and had over 130 T's but i actualy stopped buying and am now trying to thin out my collection to a more managable size. i think im going to keep around 50 or a bit less.

prairiepanda

Arachnoknight
I haven't gone to any extremes to pay for Ts, but I've gone from 1 to 15 in about a year so I do buy them fairly often. My personal limit is 20 Ts. Whether I can stick to that limit, only time will tell...

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I haven't gone to any extremes to pay for Ts, but I've gone from 1 to 15 in about a year so I do buy them fairly often. My personal limit is 20 Ts. Whether I can stick to that limit, only time will tell...
1 to 15 in a year? That's a snail's pace!

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I guess I'm in the mild stage, just desperately looking for a chaperone to go with me to the exotic pets expo to prevent me from buying another spider. I only need to get a new terrarium for my RCF rosea, some substrate, decorations and maybe a little glass cube for my GBB

Well, my willpower saving throw failed. I saw a couple P.irminias live at the expo and resistance was futile. I brought one home.