Possible nematode/yeast infection

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know this has been covered numerous times (I've read most of the threads) but I wanted to bring it up again since this is the first time I've had to deal with it. I just got an A. avic from a local pet store. Two days after having her here I saw her secreting a white paste from her mouth. I thought at first it might be nematodes. Then saw the threads about yeast infections being common in Avics. I've moved her away from my other animals but I'd like to know if I should do anything else. Clean all the cages she was near, move all animals away from each other, etc. From what I've read I assume that whether it's yeast or nematodes either is fatal in the long run. Can anyone shed a little more light on this? Thanks in advance for any help.

David

Tamara

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I won't be much help, but another bump might be worth while. Everytime there's been a post about white stuff at the mouth, the T has always died. As far as I know, only one person had a T that survived. Otherwise, people have sent the perished T off for study, because this white foam seems pretty mysterious.
Tamara