Trip to Thailand!

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
In juli i spend 3 days looking for tarantulas in Thailand. In som fields very far out where they normally dont see tourist or other nationalities than thai for that matter. I am very experienced with tarantulas, but this was my second time trying to find them and i finnally did it. When i knew where to look i found several more actually.

Their habitat:

The tarantula:

Haplopelma longipes:

And the sexing of it, female:

I can only encourage people to go and find them in their natural habitat, it is very exciting, even if the degrees are approaching 40C/104F

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanx, it was by far the most exciting experience i ever have had with my T´s ;-)

chrisd

Arachnopeon
Nice looking H. longipes you got there buddy :D Thailand's weather is almost the same just like my country the Philippines hot and humid :D

---------- Post added 06-25-2014 at 01:30 AM ----------

I wish i can catch the same species myself in the future. Hopefully a Male too, so i can mate em with my female back in the US :D

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Did find some extra stuff also, here is 2 pics i have, lost a phone there and a few good pics with it.

Dont know the species:

0.1 heterometrus spinifer:

CupcakeRosea

Arachnosquire
Amazing pictures, and what a vacation! That's awesome! I saw a video on YouTube where a couple guys went out and found wild A. hentzi in their natural habitat here in the states. It's always cool to see where the wild ones live. Thanks for sharing!

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Amazing pictures, and what a vacation! That's awesome! I saw a video on YouTube where a couple guys went out and found wild A. hentzi in their natural habitat here in the states. It's always cool to see where the wild ones live. Thanks for sharing!
You should try it. it is worth the effort i can promise you ;-)