New Cage - 4 in 1!

oogieboogie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Made some new cages today to house my new pokie collection!

It is a 10G tank and divided it up into 4 equal sections. Each one is completely seperate from each other. All will have a single hinge and I think a locking hasp on there. Each section is 12h x 5w x 10d.

Right now Im debating on how to add ventilaion in them. Any have any other ideas?

I was also thinking about taking a 40g breeder and dividing it into 12 seperate sections!! They would be 17h x 6w x 8d.

Any input on the would be great! Here is a midway picture I took.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks great !! I only have one pokie..a six to 7 inch P. regalis...I have her in a 25 gallon hex tank with a custom made screen lid...the screen provides plenty of ventilation and is pretty easy to make...good luck..

Regards, Mike :D

oogieboogie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mike H. said:
Looks great !! I only have one pokie..a six to 7 inch P. regalis...I have her in a 25 gallon hex tank with a custom made screen lid...the screen provides plenty of ventilation and is pretty easy to make...good luck..

I currently only have two of them. Ive got a 2-2.5" P. regalis, and a ITTY bitty 1" P. Ornata I got for my bday!!

Within the week I plan on buying the following...

P.formosa --- Salem ornamental --- 1"
P. striata ---- Mysore Ornamental --- 1"
P.rufilata ---- Red Slate Ornamental --- 1.75"

And then these others cause I want um!

T. blondi ---- Goliath Bird Eater --- 1"
G. pulchra --- Brazilian Black ---- 1"

As for ventilation, I currently have 1/4" acrylic plastic for the tops. I could drill 3/8" on the top, but crickets would do the houdini on me. So I could cover those holes with screen. I want to keep it professional looking because I plan on selling them shortly.

*still brainstorming*

BTW where did you get the 25g tank and how much did it cost ya? Got a picture?!~?~

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This is the idea that first came into my head:
Drill holes in the dividers so there is some airflow between sections, then use a suction fan on one side and a blower on the other to get some circular airflow going. Small fans of the type used in computers would work perfectly and get a decent amount of air goin through the cages (depending on what kinda fan you get)

Not sure if that would work as
1) dont know how drafts affect Ts
2) don't know what kind of airflow you're looking for

oogieboogie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Malkavian said:
This is the idea that first came into my head:
Drill holes in the dividers so there is some airflow between sections, then use a suction fan on one side and a blower on the other to get some circular airflow going. Small fans of the type used in computers would work perfectly and get a decent amount of air goin through the cages (depending on what kinda fan you get)

Not sure if that would work as
1) dont know how drafts affect Ts
2) don't know what kind of airflow you're looking for

WAY to much work! First i would have to cut out an area of the glas. Then find the parts, then pay for the parts then intall them. Also would have to worrk about crickets and spiders crawling through the holes to get to each other. Or just use really small holes.

Fan idea is nice, but not practical *lol* Maybe if i was rich. O)

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The tank has more cork bark and one large peice of grape vine log that goes from the ground to the top of the tank for the T. to climb on...

oogieboogie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I like that hex tank! I want one of those for one of my pokies or my female H. maculata. But every tank i find like that is uber expensive. I currently have all my arboreals in little 2g hex tanks like this...

Here are my other custom enclosures ive made...

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
oogieboogie said:
WAY to much work! First i would have to cut out an area of the glas. Then find the parts, then pay for the parts then intall them. Also would have to worrk about crickets and spiders crawling through the holes to get to each other. Or just use really small holes.

Fan idea is nice, but not practical *lol* Maybe if i was rich. O)

Ahwell, I was just thinking with parts I had available. The computer fans are dirt cheap, and you could use a plexiglass top and use a knife or fine bladed saw to cut out the squares to mount the fans, then hot glue them on and you're done. For power you could use an old computer power supply

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Oogie
Sorry forgot your name.Did you have a table at the last swap? I didn't have any any time to stick around. As far computer fans go, try American science n surplus (chicago, west chicago) muffin fans can be dirt cheap there. $1-$2 ...One fan blowing across screen lids can draw air out nicely. Hell my pokie lids have lots of holes but don't really move alot of air in n out, and they are still alive..
T

oogieboogie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Malkavian said:
Ahwell, I was just thinking with parts I had available. The computer fans are dirt cheap, and you could use a plexiglass top and use a knife or fine bladed saw to cut out the squares to mount the fans, then hot glue them on and you're done. For power you could use an old computer power supply
It would be a great idea for me to do personally. But I do plan to put them up for sale this weekend at Lee Watsons, and on the boards here. Selling them like that would be to much of a hassel. But for my own collection it might be a good idea. Im gonna look into it!! Didnt know they were that cheap and easy to find.

monantony said:
Oogie
Sorry forgot your name.Did you have a table at the last swap? I didn't have any any time to stick around. As far computer fans go, try American science n surplus (chicago, west chicago) muffin fans can be dirt cheap there. $1-$2 ...One fan blowing across screen lids can draw air out nicely. Hell my pokie lids have lots of holes but don't really move alot of air in n out, and they are still alive..
T
Yup I was there, Ill be there again this weekend. Unfortunetly I think I am going there and just wasting my money. I dont think anyone is going to buy my custom cages, due to the cost of them. People go to the swap to get things cheap. While my cages are cheaper then what ive seen them for elsewhere, it's still $275+. Ill also have my spider, my bearded dragon and maybe a mexican black kingsnake. Ill also be bringing this cage I have now up there.

All of my spiders now dont have many holes. But in most of them I have a fish pump hoked up into them like this....

This is my *animal* room...

And i still have another Bearded Dragon in the living room, a uromastix in that rooms closet, two ball pythons, another bearded dragon, a rat snake, and a sand boa all tucked away in my room. *lol*

Im running out of space.

oogieboogie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bearskin10 said:
Well here is what I did for mine, I broke out the back sheet of glass and made it plexi and then drilled many holes. Here is a link to the thread maybe it will help you with some ideas. Greg http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=25075
I saw your thread before, Nice cage! I think im going to refrain from breaking the glass. *lol*

I think I am just going to drill holes in the top of the plexi covers like you did for yours. That is how I have my current tanks set up and my T's are doing good in them.

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
is the lid a single piece? I had considered getting a similar tank used for multiple betas but the lid was single piece and I figured that feeding or cleaning one pokie wasn't worth wondering if I would have to recapture the othere 3 lol.
Rev

oogieboogie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
*laughs*

Nope each section has its own open and closing hinged lid. I am probably going to add locking hasps to each one as well. Although when I sell the cages those will be more money of course cause they are a bit more expensive *lol*

oogieboogie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Speaking of selling...

What do you guys think is a good price to sell them at?

I am not sure how much sucess I would have if I put them up for sale here and at the swap. How much would you guys spend on a cage like this?

And to keep me from getting in trouble, please dont ask to buy one on here yet!! I dont want to get yelled at for breaking the rules. I am just clueless as to what someone would spend on these, if anything at all?

oogieboogie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here are two more pics of the cage...

Still need to order the darn hinges though and drill ventilation holes.