Cyriopagopus sp.

del9800

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

Was wondering if anyone knew about the Cyriopagopus sp. sumatran Tiger vs Cyriopagopus sp. hati hati and their differences in color? arborial? Size?

Last edited:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Very few in the hobby. Probably similar to schioedtei in mos,t if not all respects. I believe the whole genus is arboreal.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They both look very similar to one another, but C. sp. "Sumatra Tiger" gets bigger. I've seen side by side pictures of adult females and in my personal opinion C. sp. "Sumatra Tiger" looks better. Both are arboreal.

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

del9800

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awesome

Thank you all for the reply. I have googled both and I get mixtures of picture of both sp. so wasnt sure which is which. Hati hati does look a little blue\grey. Is it just flash? I was debating on which one to get but I have to say the sumatra tiger looks great due to the size. That is a huge T.

Last edited:

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Agree with what's been said so far but it does seem that hati hati have much bluer legs and less abdominal striping. Gorgeous spider. I'm not sure what they top out at, maybe 6"? Sumatran tigers are on average larger

LdLrLyChLd

Arachnosquire
I have a hati hati, and as a small juvenile it is almost never out of its intricate burrows. I know they’re supposed to be arboreal later so I’m hopeful I give it a good transition into that next phase.. the few times I’ve seen it out has been breathtaking!! A cool grey color with beautiful markings. Very quick to molt and a great appetite! Quite the architect too!