Heteropoda venatoria, communal setup and breeding attempt

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Since yesterday my 1.2(one male and two females) live communaly togther in a 40 X 30 X 30 tank. I have alot of hiding places there, branches, live plants, logs and small caves,

They are all alive 24 hours later, but still no signs of breeding. But I don't know what happened the 9 hours I slept tonight.

I still don't have a program to change the size of the pics, some pictures will come later.

I'm just curious to see if H venatoria can be kept communaly and there have been no aggression so far.

Last edited:

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
yeah,.... we need pictures :} :} :}

good luck with the breeding-attemps

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have never understood the need to figure out if a species can live communally in a terrarium when they most likely dont do that in nature. Still good luck with the breeding! If you kept them separately and introduced the males on by one you might have a better overlook of what happens or not happens with the mting part - but thats just my opinion.

/Lelle

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Now, I've seen them mate, but just shortly after the bigger female ran to the other ones mating and caught the smaller female. She's now enjoying a venatoria dinner...:(

Now I only have one male and one female and it's time to separate them. Hopfully I'll get a fertile eggsack.