So I made an application...

tisha

Arachnopeon
Android software that is...

Hi Guys,
I don’t know if this is the right section for this, sorry if not. :pray:

So I made a small Android application to organize my Ts.

A short background,
I've been using a free app I got from the play store, it actually works really well.
It gives you 5 T slots but you have to buy the app if you want more slots.
Currently, I only have 4 Ts so the 5 slots work for me.
The only thing that I don't like is that it loads really slow and no updates since I got it last March to fix some minor bugs.
So I decided to make my own, somewhat the same but faster and with virtually unlimited slots. :smile:

I thought of sharing this, so if you are interested and if you have an Android device you can download the app from here.

I've only been into Ts late this March (2013) so I don't have a lot of experience and info that I can apply to the app, I only based this from the app I was using and added some features that I'd want to see.
I think this should work for beginners to intermediate hobbyists, not sure with advanced/breeders.

Hope you guys try it out :)
If you do, please let me know if you have comments or suggestions to help improve the program.
The software is in its early stage of development with a lot of improvements to be done.
Bugs may also be present. :giggle:

Last edited:

Snitler

Arachnopeon
Is it on the market so I can download it through there? I can't seem to find it, but I'll try the link on my phone, this is awesome I never thought about these apps lol :p

JC014

Arachnopeon
Thanks ive just downloaded it, although it will be a while before i can test it since im away from home till Saturday but once i test it ill give you a feedback :))

tisha

Arachnopeon
Is it on the market so I can download it through there? I can't seem to find it, but I'll try the link on my phone, this is awesome I never thought about these apps lol :p
It's not on play store, I don't have a developer account. :eek:

Thanks ive just downloaded it, although it will be a while before i can test it since im away from home till Saturday but once i test it ill give you a feedback :))
Thanks!

I hope it works on your devices! :pray:
I've only tested it on an emulator for android 2.1 and on my sgs4 phone.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I would like to download it as it looks good, although in your link it doesn't have a download button? but has it for saving at 118kb is that the correct one?

tisha

Arachnopeon
I would like to download it as it looks good, although in your link it doesn't have a download button? but has it for saving at 118kb is that the correct one?
Yes it's only 118kb. :)
The link I provided brings you to my website, it provides the download link.

Jebbles

Arachnosquire
5/5 stars! I just downloaded it. Its very simple and very easy to input data. I love how all you have to do is hold it down to feed it! Now I can finally keep track of my molts... I'm always too lazy to log them... lmao.

tisha

Arachnopeon
Thanks! Glad you like it and it worked on your device!

Still got bad icons though... I'll try to find better ones when I get the time. :biggrin:

Mi Xing

Arachnopeon
Just downloaded the app myself. My smithi sling just had its first molt (since i received it) last week, so I'm going to try keeping track of it all in the app.

Thanks!

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Yes it's only 118kb. :)
The link I provided brings you to my website, it provides the download link.
Cool, I'll download it and let you know what i think. lets hope it works on my phone :)

delo

Arachnopeon
the link is the work (text) here in the original post for those of you who can't see it. Hope that helps. Thanks for the app..... I'm checking it out right now and kaspersky internet security says its ok...lol

Cheers

Will240393

Arachnopeon
Downloaded it seems like a pretty good app! i've been without microsoft word for a while so i've been relying on a diary to keep track of all these things now i don't have to! so thanks for making this app!.

This is just a suggestion you could do maybe add in a function where we can attach pictures of our tarantulas into the file etc unless that's already on here. all in all wonderful simple app :)

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I download it earlier, put in my LP and G,Rosea it's working well so far :), nice interface to the app, i see it doesn't have true spiders like trapdoors etc and just has arboreal/terrestrial no burrowing sp, but thats fine as you can update as time goes on.

Will240393

Arachnopeon
I download it earlier, put in my LP and G,Rosea it's working well so far :), nice interface to the app, i see it doesn't have true spiders like trapdoors etc and just has arboreal/terrestrial no burrowing sp, but thats fine as you can update as time goes on.
Could maybe add one such as semi arboreal considering some species such as the GBB tend to be like that.

kitkatie

Arachnopeon
Sorry can you post a separate link in your next reply, my computer is not letting me find it.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Could maybe add one such as semi arboreal considering some species such as the GBB tend to be like that.
Good idea, i do like the fact when you put in the selected genus, it comes up with the area where thair from, you put alot of fought in to it, but my question is what does the app actually do? other than me putting info of T's that i already know much more of.

tisha

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. I'll try to work on most of it this weekend.
I actually have in my todo list the option to add a genus+species which is at end of the list, I didn't think it will be needed this early lol.

@MarkmD, this app is basically a logger. I like to see some status (last fed, last molt, days from last molt) of my Ts from time to time whenever/wherever I am. :)

I forgot to add to hints, you can long click on the T image in add/edit page to add/replace/remove the T's picture.