Tips on how to get through a harsh winter.

Will240393

Arachnopeon
It's nearing the beginning of winter and the temperature has dropped dramatically from the average 22 Celsius for my household all the way down to 16 with the lowest being 14 i've recorded so far... this would be my first real winter with my T's so what can i expect and any tips would be appreciated to get them through it.

My G.pulchripes has sealed her burrow, B smithi has also retreated to her burrow which is unusual for her and my GBB is being lethargic (obviously) not surprising my G.rosea doesn't seem to care.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I'm in the same boat, I keep my temperatures at 68-70F during winter, using space-heater or house heaters etc, i always go by cycles of the year, so if its hot i.e. summer time, then i dont use any/much heating then winter with our low temps I let it naturally drop during the night (same as every night) then as said 68-70F does the trick, T's dont always eat in low temps they store it till it gets warm, all i can say is use the normal (if your warm enough so is your T's) you cant go far wrong.

Kazaam

Arachnobaron
My room is 70F during the day and drops to 60F at night in the winter.

No issues whatsoever for any of my pets.

SpiritScale

Arachnopeon
Do you have a separate thermostats where you are?

Although (most) species of T's are said to be ok at your standard 20-22 celsius I have not seen that to be the case.
All my T's are in a separate 'exotics' room that is 27-30C/approx 80-85F all year round.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Through winter I keep my room around 18c during the day and during night it ranges from 12-15c.

I think people tend to forget Ts are nocturnal so they're actually more active at night (generally alot colder at night in some of the climates) personally I find alot more of my Ts are on display actively working on hides etc during winter, I belove this is due to the temps being more to their liking. Most people keep their Ts at high temps to help with growth metabolism etc its not a neccesity to have them at these temps. Aslong as the temps don't drop too low for a prolonged time you really shouldn't have an issue. Ts are alot more adaptable than people give credit for.