Centipede photos for book

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I have hundreds of great photos, some mine, some from other keepers, and a few I'm waiting on but there are still quite a few I need and others don't even know I need. You could post a thumbnail of your photo in this thread. I have most of the standard species and many life cycle and reproductive images. I did not post a request previously because I'm still not certain what else will come in.

Some needed:
Craterostigmus anything
S.cingulata (not the white form)
Baby Otostigmus rex (I have pics of these somewhere but have not been able to find them).
Close-up shots of lithobius eyes
scut palps from underneath

This is not a want ad since in nearly all cases I am unable to pay for these nor buy and ship copies of the book in exchange since there are very few people that will buy a centipede book (this is not Harry Potter, Hunger Games, or even How to Play Backgammon) and there is simply no budget beyond what I already spent/owe.Why then would you want to offer your best images? The same reason I want to put the book together, because the hobby could use a full-size, full color, hardcover book and to share our love of centipedes and our pets with other hobbyists -much the same as posting photos on the net and yet it would not be so ephemeral. You would keep the rights to your photos though those posted on a permanent website would probably not be used and your name would go directly in the photo description (not hidden in some list somewhere). I realize that some people prefer to post photos on the net for free but would not want to see their work in a printed text, this is only a request for those who may want to help improve the quality of the final text.

cantthinkofone

Arachnodemon
I would help out if you needed some polymorpha blue form shots. I could probably get some lithobius eyes if I really tried. When do you think the book will be out?

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I have a bunch of different polymorpha but if you have something better than what I've got I'd go for the best. Of course the book won't be out this year. There's an incredible amount of time involved.

cantthinkofone

Arachnodemon
I'll take my pics and send them your way. Is there an email I can reach you at? My blue form is a fantastic one indeed. S/he is a nice blue with banding and white tints. In the head area it's a bright orange. Don't know I'll get as good as I can. If you need pics of lithobius I can get a couple but the eyes may be a bit tricky for me. Sounds exciting!

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I can use a lab microscope or stereomicroscope to take pictures of the Lithobius eyes but they just don't look very good, the color or depth of field is always off. My e-mail is on my link page in my signature and should be on my profile too.

cantthinkofone

Arachnodemon
alright sweet! Im always excited to help the hobby in any way even if its taking pictures. I excited for the book and will definitely pick up the book when its released.

Gel

Arachnoknight
I have hundreds of great photos, some mine, some from other keepers, and a few I'm waiting on but there are still quite a few I need and others don't even know I need. You could post a thumbnail of your photo in this thread. I have most of the standard species and many life cycle and reproductive images. I did not post a request previously because I'm still not certain what else will come in.

Some needed:
Craterostigmus anything
S.cingulata (not the white form)
Baby Otostigmus rex (I have pics of these somewhere but have not been able to find them).
Close-up shots of lithobius eyes
scut palps from underneath

This is not a want ad since in nearly all cases I am unable to pay for these nor buy and ship copies of the book in exchange since there are very few people that will buy a centipede book (this is not Harry Potter, Hunger Games, or even How to Play Backgammon) and there is simply no budget beyond what I already spent/owe.Why then would you want to offer your best images? The same reason I want to put the book together, because the hobby could use a full-size, full color, hardcover book and to share our love of centipedes and our pets with other hobbyists -much the same as posting photos on the net and yet it would not be so ephemeral. You would keep the rights to your photos though those posted on a permanent website would probably not be used and your name would go directly in the photo description (not hidden in some list somewhere). I realize that some people prefer to post photos on the net for free but would not want to see their work in a printed text, this is only a request for those who may want to help improve the quality of the final text.
Would you be interested in pictures of Scolopendra sp. "Hispañola" ?

I know it's not on your list and I won't be offended if you don't need it :p but I thought I'd offer.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Definately Gel!

---------- Post added 12-06-2013 at 08:03 PM ----------

In my first post I tried to write "...and others I don't even know I need." Somehow the first "I" went missing. I'm sure there are some cool species and images I haven't even thought of. Suggestions are welcome too.

Last edited:

zhangjunduo

Arachnopeon
Do you need some Chinese centipede pictures like R. longipes R.afra R.immarginata Otostigmus (O.) politus Otostigmus (O.) scaber Otostigmus (O.) aculeatus

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Do you need some Chinese centipede pictures like R. longipes R.afra R.immarginata Otostigmus (O.) politus Otostigmus (O.) scaber Otostigmus (O.) aculeatus
I have some longipes and scaber but I'd love to see and borrow some photos. Your's might even look different from mine.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
If anyone is interested in submitting photos for possible/probable use in the book please send in an e-mail and state in that e-mail that they are your photos and they can be used in the centipede book as long your name is listed as copyright holder (you retain the rights to your photos). Include the name you want credited (can be your full name, initials, or username if you prefer). I'll do my best to use any submitted photos unless they look pretty bad. I can stick in some as filler. At this point nobody has sent anything but I am curious if the blue polymorpha is more blue than other blue ones and excited about Gel and Zhangjunduo's images!

zhangjunduo

Arachnopeon
Otostigmus (O.) scaber from Jiangsu
P1150040.jpg

Otostigmus (O.) aculeatus from Shenzhen
P1060925.jpg

Rhysida afra from Tibet
非洲卫蜈蚣,西藏2012.jpg

Rhysida immarginata from Guangdong
无棱卫蜈蚣,广东揭阳2.jpg

Rhysida longipes from Shenzhen
P1140696.jpg

zhangjunduo

Arachnopeon
Pterygotergum svenhedini (the largest and the most fascinating stone centipede in China)
翼石蜈蚣201202.jpg

L. (E.) mandschreiensis
P1070582.jpg
P1090129.jpg
P1090150.jpg

Bothropolys sp
P1120290.jpg