Tom's Ts

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
DISCLAIMER: I am NO photographer. That point will be abundantly clear to anyone who peruses this thread. However, I've been taking a ton of pictures of my tarantulas lately so that I can show my students and any other interested parties (at this point, just my wife :)). I'm currently looking for a macro lens for my Nokia 920, as I'm hoping that will help me get more detailed shots. These are just some of my larger girls. I'm still trying to get better shots of some of my slings. :)

G. rosea (Looking good for 20+ years! 5.5")

G.-Roseaweb.jpg

P. parvula (Her colors really show under the light. 4")

P.-parvulaweb.jpg

B. smithi (FINALLY got one; have admired them for years. 3.5")

B.-Smithi-2web.jpg

Euathlus sp. Red (This little girl is just adorable. For the record, I have NEVER held a tarantula before this. I just opened her cage and she calmly crawled into my hand and just sat there. So cute. 3")

ESphandweb.jpg

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Your photos are a lot better than some other threads, so don't knock yourself. All they need to be is clear, and you've done that well. Nice collection. Those Euathlus are little velco spiders!

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thank you! Some of the pics are just so darned nice, it had me feeling a bit insecure about mine crappy phone pics.

"Little velcro spiders"...I LOVE that! They really are! :)

Your photos are a lot better than some other threads, so don't knock yourself. All they need to be is clear, and you've done that well. Nice collection. Those Euathlus are little velco spiders!

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Some New Pics

A. versicolor before and after molt.

E. pachypus

O. philippinus

P. vittata

P. crassipes

A. theraphosidae (HF Brocklehursti)

Last edited:

multibit

Arachnopeon
Nice collection you got coming on there and great pics . I recently lost my G.Rosea , I had her over 20 years and she's the one that got me so interested in the hobby , she was full grown when I had her so no idea of the actual age . She was a lovely old girl though

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks so much! I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your G. rosea. :cry:

Mine was the first T I ever acquired, and I will definitely be devastated when she passes. In fact, it was one night while my wife and I were discussing how upset we would be when mine finally died (we bought her the first year she and I moved out together) that I started looking up other species of Ts. That began my new-found obsession with the hobby. She's still going strong, but I don't look forward to the day when her time comes.

Again, sorry for your loss.

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Pamphobeteus sp. duran

H. pulchripes

M. balfouri

O. philippinus

Phormictopus sp. purple

G. iheringi